Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

^^^^ Lovely natural portrait (jloden - above 3rd picture). The eyes come out beautifully in the larger sizes which you can view over at Flickr ^^^^

Thanks guys.
Yes, the lenses are nice to me.
On FF, it makes me like them even more. :D

[...]

A7+Pentax A50/1.4

Yes, those Pentax lenses look great on the A7 judging by your results! Very crisp and nice rendering. I've never owned a Pentax lens but that shot you just posted from the 50mm f/1.4 looks great... I might have to pick one up!

Which version do you have and what adapter are you using? I've been saving up for a 50mm for the A7, if the price is right the Pentax might be a great option to tide me over for a bit :)

Yes, those Pentax lenses look great on the A7 judging by your results! Very crisp and nice rendering. I've never owned a Pentax lens but that shot you just posted from the 50mm f/1.4 looks great... I might have to pick one up!

Which version do you have and what adapter are you using? I've been saving up for a 50mm for the A7, if the price is right the Pentax might be a great option to tide me over for a bit :)

Thanks.
I am using the A50/1.4, though its often said that they are the same in optical design since the 7-element takumar.
The thing about these Pentax 50's are that they provide a lot for the price and has the qualities that I like about their lenses.
Generally smallish, well built, contrasty with rich colors and a good balance of bokeh/sharpness.

As for the adapter, its one of those cheap ones off ebay.
Do note some things about such adapters in general.
1. Make sure they have a pict where you can see the inside of the adapter mount area and see if there is any 'tension mechanism' to give a tight fit. (this mechanism is better on some makes than others)
2. Make sure the adapter is matt black on the inside to prevent reflection. (I had to paint quite a few of mine)

I need to invest in some Pentax glass I think. haha

Ha..ha..
The A7/r sure opens up doors to LBA. :)

Now, I would not swap my my FE 55/1.8 now I have it but if I didn't own it I would not be disappointed by the perfomance of this lens.

Let's also not forget that it is the photographer and not the equipment.

Excellent capture!

Thats the problem here.
Too many good 50's out there.
I was considering the FE55 but just committed on a Cron DR 50mm today. :)

I'm curious about the Leica 'look' and performance, though at the back of my head, I have doubts its 8x better than this Pentax 50/1.4

DSC09036-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A7R + Zeiss ZM 85/2

I am really impressed at the sharpness of those Pentax lenses pinholecam... very nice results even wide open.

Obviously the photos are great because you're capturing interesting subjects and great expressions or moments first and foremost! But all other things being equal I'm a huge fan of sharpness and clarity of rendering to add that extra feeling of detail and presence to a photo. (y)

Let's also not forget that it is the photographer and not the equipment.

Yea, I agree Pinholecam is an excellent photographer. And when I'm talking about those lenses, I just really like how it renders. I'm a fan of the bokeh it produces and they seem incredibly sharp! That's why I said I think I should invest in some Pentax glass, not because I think it would make me any better. And lets not forget to give Pinholecam credit on the manual focus skills.

Also are those K-mount lenses?

Another 2 shots from the A50/1.4

14413965071_7c9715489f_b.jpg

DSC0937720140531ILCE-7-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr

14230680689_1ab4421be4_b.jpg

DSC0937620140531ILCE-7 by jenkwang, on Flickr

And thank you all for the kind comments.
Just to clarify, I take most of my shots from wide open , 1/3 stop from wide open, f2 and f2.5 (with the first middle 2 settings being more often)
I just find that many lenses improve with even that little bit stopped down (in CA resistance, sharpness and enough DOF to have the lens 'draw out' the subject)

Yes, these are K mount lenses.

Back