Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

Very nice, I have an AR 40mm 1.8 that I like very much on the A7R.

Thank you. The Konica are the lenses (SLR, 35mm format) with the smallest distance to the sensor. So the adapter ist not very long and the AR 40mm/1.8 is very compact (almost a pancake lens).
I like the Konica lenses. They are sharp, only the bokeh is not very smooth. 57mm/1.4, 50mm/1.7, 50mm/1.4, 135mm/3.5 and 28mm/3.5 are other ones in my possession.

You all are making me want to get an E-mount adapter for my Konica AR 50mm f/1.7. I've tried it on m4/3 and Fuji both and haven't been very impressed with it in quality of bokeh or with sharpness/contrast, at least not until it's stopped down a couple stops. I wonder if the FF sensor on the A7 would fare any better.

the pictures are looking good. here's a good one to consider...

ubyge7yv.jpg

the ar 50 1,7 is excellent especially for the price.

Konica Hexanon AR 50mm f1.7 - Legacy 50mm. Which one is the best? Part 7

More LBA! :D

a7r + wate , noct. .95 & sal2470z

Looking at the third picture I remembered a TV report a few weeks ago about such seas in this special color. They should be very cold and lifeless and add themselves to a beautifull landscape.

Looking at the third picture I remembered a TV report a few weeks ago about such seas in this special color. They should be very cold and lifeless and add themselves to a beautifull landscape.

The shot was taken in JiuZhaiGou Valley in China's Sichuan province. It is said to be one of the most beautiful places in China and also a World Nature Heritage site. In Autun that place is magical.

Great shots, msc! Love the colours, particularly on the 2nd, 4th and 5th shot. Do you do any special kind of processing?

Only the 5th photo which is taken with sal2470/2.8 is otc jpg. The others were lightly processed with LR.

Nice shots with real nice lenses. :)

Thanks guys for kind comments!

Last weekend London's famous thoroughfare, Regent's Street, was closed for a celebration called the 'London Bus Cavalcade' - which recognised 150 years of bus transport in the capital.

Two lenses were most of use to me on the A7 were the CV 15/4.5 and the FE 55/1.8. Here are three captures.

Deckchairs on Regent's Street - not something you see everyday (CV 15/4.5)
DSC02818.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Inside a Routemaster cab - using the 15 is a real blast - you can get right into tight spaces and get a terrific angle of view
DSC02841-Edit.jpg

Toy Buses - I avoid photographing children in this day and age because of the public's obsession with the threat of child abuse by camera - however this kid walked into my photograph as I was taking it and probably created the best shot of the day. Afterwards I asked the parent if it was OK if I could use the photograph and she agreed. FE 55/1.8 (what a superb lens!).
DSC02862.jpg

Last weekend London's famous thoroughfare, Regent's Street, was closed for a celebration called the 'London Bus Cavalcade' - which recognised 150 years of bus transport in the capital.

Two lenses were most of use to me on the A7 were the CV 15/4.5 and the FE 55/1.8. Here are three captures.

Very nice images with CV15 and FE55.

Did you need to do processing to remove the colour cost on the CV15?

Very nice images with CV15 and FE55.

Did you need to do processing to remove the colour cost on the CV15?

No, I couldn't be bothered. In fact you can see the colour shift in the Regent's Street shot but it is sort-of mixed up with the mish-mash of reflections in the 'cab' shot so I get away with it. That said, I have removed colour shift with post-processing from this lens and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as long as you are realistic about its limitations on any non-Leica camera.

The FE 55/1.8 shot, incidentally, is straight out of the camera.

LouisB

Back