Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

Sunrise from this morning:

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow great shots, but especially love the first one. The panoramic view is spectacular with that sunrise.

Thank you very much. First one was done with 3 images and second one was 2 images (both has same images). The overlap wasn't perfect to get the first but I managed it. I had some other shots but got some reflections from the glass. Hopefully I'll get another view like this again:)

Wow great shots, but especially love the first one. The panoramic view is spectacular with that sunrise.

15566698176_9a11e31f62_b.jpg

20141018-DSC04276-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr
Nikkor P.C. 105/2.5 LTM

Now this is an odd one to me.
It seems like there is some sort of conspiracy to not talk about this lens. :D
Its darn good imo.
Odd in the sense that its one of the lenses that started to make Nikon famous in RF days and has a legendary status in those circles.
Its also fairly common.
And yet so few ppl mention it.
The match to the Summicron 90/2 of its day.

Less common Sonnar design (nowadays), rounded aperture blades and a nicely built hefty lens.
Sharp from f2.5 and a nice bokeh imo.
All at a fraction of the price of a similar lineage Summicron 90/2.
I really think that this lens deserves to be mentioned, bought and used more that it is now.

Another one from the Nikkor P.C. 105/2.5 LTM

15404386899_10c7bdd177_b.jpg

20141018-DSC04264-FujiAstia-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr

15410011087_4d902d29d9_b.jpg

20141018-DSC04291 by jenkwang, on Flickr

I really need to stop looking at Sony A7/r/s threads. Makes me want to pick one up. Great photographers with a great tool is an amazing combination. I don't know if I'd be on par with you guys but it would be fun!

Remembrance Sunday in the UK

Tower of London Artwork - 100th Anniversary of WW1

With one ceramic poppy to represent one fatality during World War One the scale of this art installation has caused 4 million visitors to reflect on almost 900,000 deaths.
The poppies represent casualties not only from the UK but from the Empire too.
Soldiers from the Indian sub-continent , Canada , New Zealand , Australia , the Caribbean and elsewhere are represented even the large numbers of Chinese that worked for the British Army cooking and cleaning
Such a simple and graphic way to illustrate the losses ; these images show just a tiny part​

15105525703_b17fc46ac6_b.jpg

15724912585_7d24f8971d_b.jpg

Sony A7 28-70mm dodging large crowds

Chris, you really managed to capture the soul of my city - the one I was born in, the one I have always lived in. Except for short periods. Such as four months in Aberystwyth, in Wales. Another place with a magic of its own, and to where I keep going back very often.
You have called your series "between streets". In portuguese we say "travessas" - a narrow street/passage connecting two wider streets. From the verb "atravessar", to cross.
Kind regards
Luis

Back