Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

Just for kicks, a photo from the Fuji XF1 at 100mm (EFL), using the pro-low-light mode, which combines 3-4 frames into one to lower noise. Compare with the photo above using the Sony A7. XF1 is doing well. Maybe a little flatter, less contrast, but it has nice starbursts!

11442884003_eeb25f49d8_b.jpg

L'Arc de Triomphe using the pro-low light mode in the Fuji XF1 by Armanius, on Flickr

I went to the local park after seeing these clouds, A7R w/ CV 12mm

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then the clouds shifted but ended up w/ these shots using my old Canon 70-300mm IS w/ Metabones III adaptor + 1.4x TC:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Also 55mm fe wide open:
original.jpg

original.jpg

Just picked up the Voigtlander VM-E adapter (close focus) and tried it out on my usual model... Monty my Boston Terrier :)
11872079486_f34f8c54da_c.jpg

This camera opened a new world of full frame digital for my rangefinder lenses and now this adapter opens a new world for the lenses.. I keep on liking this camera!!
Full size on my Flickr

Cheers,
Dave

How does that adapter work, does it focus to infinity at the other end?

The adapter has an "infinity lock" on it. Basically, when the adapter is "locked" you just use the lens as you normally would. When you "unlock" the adapter, it too has a slim focus ring on it which allows you to "float" the lens. Basically, you put your lens at the minimal focus distance and leave it there; unlock the adapter and use its focus ring to focus closer. Think of it as a bit of an extension tube that can float the lens closer or further from the sensor.

Cheers,
Dave

James, helicoid adapters for Sony E mount to M lenses have been available for quite some time. The Hawk's Helicoid (available from the maker on eBay) was the first that I'm aware of.

Some adapters or versions of adapters have issues. My early Hawk's I'm certain did not quite allow my lenses to reach infinity. Perhaps later releases are better. I've seen comments on the Voigtlander but can't recall details.

I processed a few test shots from Jan 1st. Ninja sunset w/ C/Y Zeiss Distagon 28 2.8 (older AE/German version):
original.jpg

$50 Nikkor 105mm 2.5 AI
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

OM 85mm f2, definitely needs a hood similar to OM 50mm 1.2
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Back