Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

Mike, thanks for the nice photos. C/Y distagon is one of the lenses I have so I was wondering about that. So how is that compared to FE35mm? Tim Ashley wrote in his review that he prefers the FE 35mm against Sigma 35mm for sharpness on corners...

maybe its me, but ive looked at images all over the web from these two cams, and i just see a crispness to the 7 images that i dont see from the R.

That's strange given that most raving has been about the A7r. At base ISO, I still prefer the look I get from the M9's files. The Ricoh GR is one of the few cameras that I've used that (to my eyes) also has that bitting crispness. I haven't used any DP's yet.

11266143524_31009d756c_c.jpg

11266093985_6ce4905355_c.jpg

Sony A7 with Leica Summicron-M 50mm f 2.0

Mike, thanks for the nice photos. C/Y distagon is one of the lenses I have so I was wondering about that. So how is that compared to FE35mm? Tim Ashley wrote in his review that he prefers the FE 35mm against Sigma 35mm for sharpness on corners...

Central sharpness in both lenses is pretty good but the FE35 will probably beat it. The Distagon 28 isn't as strong as the Sigma 35 is towards the edges; the FE35 for distance shots might be between the two. I need to shoot them more before coming to any firm conclusions; I have a Nikkor 28/2.8 Ai-S to throw into the mix too. Ashley's recent article on the FE35 is important reading for those considering buying the lens as it isn't a focus on distant central subject and fire away sort of landscape lens. Pascal in France has a nice write up on his experience with the A7r and FE35: #183. Sony A7r, first impressions : The Magnificent Seven

The images from these cameras are amazing. And as much as I want one, I think I'm going to wait a while until they start getting more lenses out for it. Especially since I don't have any legacy glass to use with one. But I do look forward to seeing your amazing shots in this thread.

There's a big range in prices of Canon to Sony E adapters. Most expensive is the Metabones one at $400, which allows for auto focus, but is reportedly slow.

Back