Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

Looks like the shots look they were taken four minutes apart assuming the two camera's internal clocks were synchronised correctly. The Leica also appears to have been fitted with a longer focal length lens judging by the angle-of-view.

The second A7R shot is the same,just warmed up very slightly in LR by me. The Leica had the 50mm Summilux and the A7R it's 35mm 2.8, just the way I had them set up in my bag at the time. I took one with the Leica and a slightly wider one using the 35mm on the A7R at almost the same time. Surprised took me 4 minutes to swap them over lol !

I guess I am not the customizing type, because when I initially turned on the EM-1, I was very surprised how tailor made it came straight from Olympus. A dedicated SCP button, the bracketing button. I was good to go.

I have both the E-M1 (and had an E-M5 before it was stolen) and the A7r, and feel they complement each other really well. I won't say Olympus is 'intuitive' - it's highly customizable, and once you figure out the best setup for various custom functions that works for you (bit of a challenge, with the various custom button options, now two extra on the front as well!) you get a camera that's finely tuned to how you want to shoot. The A7r is easy to use out of the box, and has a decent level of customization, but isn't quite as slick/complete as the E-M1.

Back