Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

Two of my photos have been shortlisted for the finals of Trail Magazine's UK Mountain Photo of the year 2015. Both are of Scotland's Cuillin Ridge on the Isle of Skye. One was taken with a Sony RX1 and I have posted it in the relevant forum (Sony - RX1 User's entry UK Mountain Photo Comp 2015), the other was taken with a Sony A7R with 16-35mm f4 at 24mm and is a stitched panorama.

Entitled "The Magic of the Golden Dawn", it was taken from the summit of a small mountain called Sgurr na Stri and getting the photo was a bit of an epic. At the base of the mountain is a small mountain bothy (think derelict house) where I stayed for 4 days after walking in from the nearest road. Each day I would wake up early so as to be on the summit for sun rise after crossing the tidal mouth of a river and ascending the rocks and cliffs in the dark. Three times there was either too much cloud and the Cuillin Ridge was totally hidden or the sky was cloudless and uninteresting but on the final day everything came right.

To check out the other finalists and to vote for the winner see link below;

Sony - RX1 User's entry UK Mountain Photo Comp 2015

atrendall001.jpg

Two of my photos have been shortlisted for the finals of Trail Magazine's UK Mountain Photo of the year 2015. Both are of Scotland's Cuillin Ridge on the Isle of Skye. One was taken with a Sony RX1 and I have posted it in the relevant forum (Sony - RX1 User's entry UK Mountain Photo Comp 2015), the other was taken with a Sony A7R with 16-35mm f4 at 24mm and is a stitched panorama.

Entitled "The Magic of the Golden Dawn", it was taken from the summit of a small mountain called Sgurr na Stri and getting the photo was a bit of an epic. At the base of the mountain is a small mountain bothy (think derelict house) where I stayed for 4 days after walking in from the nearest road. Each day I would wake up early so as to be on the summit for sun rise after crossing the tidal mouth of a river and ascending the rocks and cliffs in the dark. Three times there was either too much cloud and the Cuillin Ridge was totally hidden or the sky was cloudless and uninteresting but on the final day everything came right.

To check out the other finalists and to vote for the winner see link below;

Sony - RX1 User's entry UK Mountain Photo Comp 2015

View attachment 24715

Gorgeous! Totally worth the effort.

Cheers, Jock

Something wrong with Flickr right now. Many images showing as broken in forum threads. Hopefully they will correct the problem soon!

Back