Sony Sony Announces A6300

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
Sony has unveiled its new A6300 and I have to say it looks mighty impressive. I don't pixel peep and megapixel count isn't that important to me. But fast-and-accurate autofocus never hurt any camera:

Oh, wow... Sony announces 24MP a6300 with incredible AF and 8 fps live view bursts

I'm not in the market myself - but I am enjoying my new Fuji X-Pro 1, which might be the antithesis of the Sony A6300 when it comes to autofocus. But with the latest firmware it gets the job done. :)

There were lots of rumors swirling before this announcement priming the audience, especially on SAR (e.g. the name of the camera would be A6100!). For my interest / curiosity, I was hoping for IBIS.

Well, at least the Sony E-Mount faithful can't say their favorite focal lengths aren't covered anymore...

Unveiled: High-Resolution Sony G Master Full-Frame E-Mount Lens Line

It's almost 6 years since they rolled out the first NEX and there's still a lack of capable compact glass for the NEX/Ax000 line. The SEL16f28, SEL20f28 and kit zooms don't make much sense on a 24MP sensor, even stopped down. Selling the A6300 in a kit with the SELP1650 looks like another bad joke to me.

Enjoy your X-Pro1 and the Fuji glass, Steve ;)

It's almost 6 years since they rolled out the first NEX and there's still a lack of capable compact glass for the NEX/Ax000 line. The SEL16f28, SEL20f28 and kit zooms don't make much sense on a 24MP sensor, even stopped down. Selling the A6300 in a kit with the SELP1650 looks like another bad joke to me.

Enjoy your X-Pro1 and the Fuji glass, Steve ;)

I certainly will, thanks. :) And, you're right, compact primes remain an issue with Sony's E-mount. These new lenses will be a fine ergonomic match for the A7 series and whatever comes after it. But I can't see using them on compact camera like the A6300.

Most of new glass is for the pro's or people who came from slr's and were complaining as there was no f1.4 primes or f2.8 zooms from start and now we have these big lenses.... They are even big/heavy for A7 series. Fuji has great glass, but they don't have many compact primes either eg Fuji 90mm is bigger then Zeiss 85mm 1.8 OS with stabilization. You have to go m43 for small primes. Even new pro m43 zooms are not small...

Compact Contax g glass has fast pd af with Sony A7 II & A7R II... Same fast af can be used with the new A6300. They are similar size to m43 f1.8 primes. Similarly same mfr is releasing leica af adapter in March/April which can be used with any mf glass but it might be better with smaller leica m/oly om/voigtlander glass...

Back