Sony Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 - first impressions and low light shots

Ray Sachs,
I read your excellent article about the RX1 (here above).
There is one sentence I do not understand namely where your are saying: Without a useable exposure comp dial with manual mode and auto-ISO, you could never slightly over or under expose a shot without the auto-ISO unknowingly compensating to bring it back to zero./I]
I noticed that in Manual Mode and Auto ISO, when I move the exposure compensation dial it changes the Auto ISO value immediately.
I would like to understand what you are exactly concluding in the above sentence?
It could be that due to English not being my mother tongue that I misunderstand what you are saying?
Thank you on beforehand for answering my question!
Harry

Ray Sachs,
I read your excellent article about the RX1 (here above).
There is one sentence I do not understand namely where your are saying: Without a useable exposure comp dial with manual mode and auto-ISO, you could never slightly over or under expose a shot without the auto-ISO unknowingly compensating to bring it back to zero./I]
I noticed that in Manual Mode and Auto ISO, when I move the exposure compensation dial it changes the Auto ISO value immediately.
I would like to understand what you are exactly concluding in the above sentence?
It could be that due to English not being my mother tongue that I misunderstand what you are saying?
Thank you on beforehand for answering my question!
Harry

Hi Harry, not to speak for Ray but we've discussed this elsewhere before and I think he was saying the same thing you are. This works correctly on the RX1 (meaning the exposure comp dial does allow you to adjust the exposure through the ISO value).

Ray's point was that on many cameras this does NOT work correctly, but fortunately the RX1 DOES work correctly :)

Hi Harry, not to speak for Ray but we've discussed this elsewhere before and I think he was saying the same thing you are. This works correctly on the RX1 (meaning the exposure comp dial does allow you to adjust the exposure through the ISO value).

Ray's point was that on many cameras this does NOT work correctly, but fortunately the RX1 DOES work correctly :)
That's exactly what I was saying. Thanks Jay!

-Ray

Back