Sony Sony FF A7 and A7r

I could have had it tomorrow but I'm too busy to wait in for it :( So it's coming on Monday. I didn't order any lenses. I'm thinking of it as a grown up NEX for which I already have a couple of Contax Gs and Pentax's. I'll have to see how it goes before I order any native lenses I think. I've already spent enough, got to draw the line somewhere....... even me!

I guess we have to wait until Monday to see photos from you:( Enjoy your new camera. If you like it, you can also get af g adapter. AF is slow but mf is much nicer then any g adapter that I used since the it uses the af motor so it is very smooth to turn & mf. You can also use your m lenses if you have an adapter.

I could have had it tomorrow but I'm too busy to wait in for it :( So it's coming on Monday. I didn't order any lenses. I'm thinking of it as a grown up NEX for which I already have a couple of Contax Gs and Pentax's. I'll have to see how it goes before I order any native lenses I think. I've already spent enough, got to draw the line somewhere....... even me!

I need to source an adapter for the Leica lenses whereas I already have ones for the Pentax and Contax lenses, also for the Hexanon lens I still have. Would be nice to have a proper Zeiss though at some point ;)

Congrats Christie, I got told by Sony NZ via twitter that they are in store here, so I'm calling right now. Don't have much hope, but we'll see!

Of course you realize if you get with a FF camera to pair with your Leica lens(es), I'm going to have to tease you for all your 'm4/3 is good enough' and 'who needs shallow Dof' comments, right? :tongue: :D

On a more serious note... I can imagine what a sweet combo that would be. That's one big draw to an A7 in my mind, if you wanted to use it with some of the great manual lenses it'd make a heck of an alternative to the Leica M bodies on price and featureset.

Of course you realize if you get with a FF camera to pair with your Leica lens(es), I'm going to have to tease you for all your 'm4/3 is good enough' and 'who needs shallow Dof' comments, right? :tongue: :D

On a more serious note... I can imagine what a sweet combo that would be. That's one big draw to an A7 in my mind, if you wanted to use it with some of the great manual lenses it'd make a heck of an alternative to the Leica M bodies on price and featureset.

hahahah you sure can Jay!. im all guilty. BUT, if you dig even deeper on my older threads in mu43 i always said, that the only thing i ever wanted before i joined m43 was a "FF sensor in a OMD size body" and i was going to jump to whoever gets there first!. In fact when i said that, there was like 5 pages of "mathematical" explanations of how "impossible" that was. And that was a year ago. ha!.

The thing is, (im not trying to justify myself here....yeah right :p) looks like the A7/r paired with the 35 Summilux is the same size or might be even a tad smaller than an OMD with the 17 or 45 lens attached. So im not sacrificing anything for my purposes. :-D

And you are right about the combo that would be sweet!. In fact, heres a first post i just uploaded with the NEX6 and the 35 summilux. and man, the camera is "different" to operate from any other photo camera but man that lens... http://chrisleskovsek.com/blog/2013/11/23/friday-night-snaps

ps: haha I do still believe that m43 had good enough IQ!.

LOL. I'm with you Chris, just teasing you because I can :D

Actually... now that I think about it, the RX1 was my first FF experience and it's similar in size to a GX1 w/20mm lens so the combo totally suckered me in. These Sonys are dangerous gateway cameras! :rofl:

Amazing how much changes in a year's time (!)

LOL. I'm with you Chris, just teasing you because I can :D

Actually... now that I think about it, the RX1 was my first FF experience and it's similar in size to a GX1 w/20mm lens so the combo totally suckered me in. These Sonys are dangerous gateway cameras! :rofl:

Amazing how much changes in a year's time (!)

hahah i know, its all good. :D :drinks:

But you are right, its simply mind blowing how much changes in a year. In fact, by 2015 we will be seeing a lot more FF compacts from different brands. :popcorm2:

By the way, despite what Sony NZ said, there were no cameras in stores, apparently there was only one or two models on display and some guy bought them!....now thats desperate! ha!. so i will check back in the next two weeks or so.

Bummer Chris - I'm sure one will turn up for ya.

Totally unrelated and off-topic note, I just found your post about the knife maker while perusing your blog. I have a few friends that are knife-makers including two that are blacksmiths and forge their knives from raw stock or reclaimed steel. I'll have to see if either of them are familiar with Lloyd's work, it's a relatively small world among blacksmiths and knifemakers :)

The Holiday Hammering album on my Flickr account is actually from my friend Matthew Paul's shop (he is also into photography, funnily enough) last Christmas. He was taking a break from knives and making a unique project as a special gift for his dad, forging a piece of an old pickaxe into a claw-hammer. Very cool stuff, and I own a bunch of Matt's work as well.

Sony Canada has been shipping cameras as of last week... mine finally arrived and I'm off to pick it up straight after work. I'm back in small camera land again!

Back