Sony Sony Nex 5 or C3?

Personally if you are only going to be using as a body for mainly MF lenses, I would try and track down a NEX-3 instead since it will be cheapest out of the lot and the IQ is going to be the same as the NEX-5 unless you want to go for AVCHD video.

I have sat down with the NEX-3, 5, 5n and 7 running the same lenses but there is not much in it between them all when you crop em all to 100%. The improvements you will find are more in the layout, and when you start using AF lenses with em.

Personally if you are only going to be using as a body for mainly MF lenses, I would try and track down a NEX-3 instead since it will be cheapest out of the lot and the IQ is going to be the same as the NEX-5 unless you want to go for AVCHD video.

I have sat down with the NEX-3, 5, 5n and 7 running the same lenses but there is not much in it between them all when you crop em all to 100%. The improvements you will find are more in the layout, and when you start using AF lenses with em.
Isn't the NEX 5 the first to have peaking with upgraded firmware though?
-Bruce

Isn't the NEX 5 the first to have peaking with upgraded firmware though?
-Bruce

FW update 0.4 for both NEX3 and 5 included this so you would be safe with either. I found this good and bad depending on what you are shooting. If you had non moving subjects etc I found peak focus with a thick outline great but with moving subjects such as people etc, I found the MF assist as a softkey a much more efficient solution. Did an entire wedding that way but I suppose it is a debatable subject. :)

EDIT : Just seen the purchase has been made. Be interesting to see some samples.

Back