Sony Sony NEX Infrared- Vancouver Night.

wow, nice, I want bigger.....
grats and well done

Cheers,
Pete

btw: I love Vancouver, lived there for 6 months in my hippy days ;)

Wow! Fortunately if we click on it we can see it larger - try it and you'll get to rcubed's Flickr page...and then click directly on the photo there and you'll really be knocked off your socks! That is one extremely cool, science fiction style of picture! :bravo-009:

I know next to nothing about IR photography but you picked a fantastic scene and photographed it beautifully, rcubed!

Couple of questions - are the magenta tones normal for IR? And can one film in IR?

Thanks everyone! :)
Wow! Fortunately if we click on it we can see it larger - try it and you'll get to rcubed's Flickr page...and then click directly on the photo there and you'll really be knocked off your socks! That is one extremely cool, science fiction style of picture! :bravo-009:

I know next to nothing about IR photography but you picked a fantastic scene and photographed it beautifully, rcubed!

Couple of questions - are the magenta tones normal for IR? And can one film in IR?
As for the magenta tone, I didnt shoot raw and I didnt white balance the proper way for IR photography (I think you're supposed to WB with a greycard) so there was an intense red cast on the pictures. I processed as much as I could out.

Yup! I can film with Ir. :) Im not very good with video, but its worth a shot. :)

I had this photo open in a tab when I went to bed, then looked at it again in the morning.

If you have Aperture, try:

* Presets -> Color -> Cross Process 2
* Presets -> White Balance -> Tungsten

Comes out very very blue, which I really like with this photo.

Thanks everyone.
Heres another shot I took tonight.

5379770633_6cbabdfffa.jpg

(Click for a higher res)
Downtown Vancouver emits quite a bit of IR, which is reflected by the clouds tonight. :)

Back