Sony Sony RX100 / RX100 Mark 2

adam

Regular
Name
Adam
These cameras seem fantastic and have a huge following. Splendid reviews - I think I have read every one. And i'm almost ready to order the Mark 2. Just 1 thing worries me , only 1. That is the fact that some reviews refer to soft edges to images , as a result of the lens.

Has anybody encountered this ?

Do you agree ?

Or is it not a problem in real wold shooting ?

I plan to print up to 18X12 , perhaps a little larger.

Sorry for having flooded this forum with my queries - I just want to buy the right equipment .

Thanks again

These cameras seem fantastic and have a huge following. Splendid reviews - I think I have read every one. And i'm almost ready to order the Mark 2. Just 1 thing worries me , only 1. That is the fact that some reviews refer to soft edges to images , as a result of the lens.

Has anybody encountered this ?

Do you agree ?

Or is it not a problem in real wold shooting ?

I plan to print up to 18X12 , perhaps a little larger.

Sorry for having flooded this forum with my queries - I just want to buy the right equipment .

Thanks again

Has anybody encountered this ? Yes

Do you agree ? Yes

Or is it not a problem in real wold shooting ? No problem!

I find that, when I've just taken a decent photograph, I forget all about such things as edge sharpness - or indeed, sharpness in general. That stuff is (mostly) a distraction that I start considering only when looking at a not-so-good image.

The RX100 is very small, and you'd be well-advised to try it out in the hand before deciding, but if it passes that test, I'd say that you should just go ahead and get it. :) I have a Mk1, and it does what I ask of it... incredibly well.

I agree with CameraGeek. My biggest con against the RX100 is ironically, the size! It makes usability difficult for my hand. An add-on grip is a must for me.

Yes, there is some corner softness, probably more a result of the lens' curvature than anything else. You will notice it if you look for it. 99% of the time, if you don't look for it, I don't think it will be an issue.

I'm very happy with the RX100 II, warts and all.

Back