Sony Sony Slt camera series

lucien

Legend
Hi, I recently purchased a Sony SLT65, the menu couldn't be changed from Japanese. Returned it and got a full refund. There is 1 issue that bother's me about that camera though. Is it possible to disable the shutter from focusing at all. I just want to use the shutter to take the picture, not to focus then take the picture. Because I had the AEL Button assigned to autofocus. And there is an actual AF button in the middle of the menu pad as well. Is this a flaw with the system? Also the AEL button doesn't AF in Manual but the other modes it works as intended

Thanks,

I don't want to bother Sony yet : )

and they might say no it can't be done.

I had an SLT-A65 but never really go into it. The main reason for the purchase was to play around with my old A-Mount Minolta lenses, which I can now do with my newer Sonys.

I recall using MF and AF. I don't recall ever trying to disable shutter AF. I never us Back Button, so I never tried. One thing of note, that camera's menu and features were absolutely archaic compared to other cameras of the same period. Glad Sony finally got on the ball.

That's why I bought one, for the digital factor of my old glass. I have a Maxxum A7. Very nice camera, Sony acquired them. I get best of both worlds No converters, auto focus. And film - 24 mp. Very good combo. An...d in body stabilization. All glass has steady shot. I read up a bit. Just press the ok button on the control pad and it over rides the shutter from requiring focus.

Thanks for your input, Now off to look for some bargain Minolta glass.

That's why I bought one, for the digital factor of my old glass. I have a Maxxum A7. Very nice camera, Sony acquired them. I get best of both worlds No converters, auto focus. And film - 24 mp. Very good combo. An...d in body stabilization. All glass has steady shot. I read up a bit. Just press the ok button on the control pad and it over rides the shutter from requiring focus.

Thanks for your input, Now off to look for some bargain Minolta glass.
Go here for all things A-Mount. By and large, the oldest Maxxum lenses are the best, though there are a few exceptions.

Back