Sony Sony's NEX-5 Now Available in Gold

I quite like the coloured bodies. I must admit to being a bit envious of all the Pentax kx colours available when they first came out. I can see an advantage in stealth shooting as NEX in colour would look like any other P & S and probably not look steal-worthy for a mugger. I recently bough a red EPL-1 (it'll match my mini now ;)) Straps are another thing altogether!!!!

I quite like the coloured bodies. I must admit to being a bit envious of all the Pentax kx colours available when they first came out. I can see an advantage in stealth shooting as NEX in colour would look like any other P & S and probably not look steal-worthy for a mugger. I recently bough a red EPL-1 (it'll match my mini now ;)) Straps are another thing altogether!!!!

The red is not bad, just the Gold is that cheesy, flashy gold. if this is your personal camera, all that ultimately matters is that you are happy.

However, if you are a serious or professional photographer, people might give you a second glance if you pull out a fake gold and glitter neck strap. First impressions are key in picking up business, a flashy unit might give the wrong impression.

Back