Sort of back

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
We left Tbilisi behind a couple of days ago and after a short break in London we arrived in our latest temporary home in Washington DC yesterday. Today we were out shopping for all the essentials and along the way I happened to stop off in the Sony Store in Pentagon City. I was already very interested in the RX100 and having read the Luminous Landscape rave review I was pretty much convinced that I wanted one. I stopped off to ask when they were expecting them in stock and it so happened that their first stocks had arrived that morning, so I bought one.

I haven't taken any pictures for a while and I'm hoping a new toy to play with might help me get back into the swing of it. Once I do I'll add my thoughts to all the others.

Congrats on your new camera!
Do you mean you'll be staying in DC permanently but only temporarily in the home you live in now, or will you be leaving DC soon as well?

Thanks. We're in temporary accommodation here for a couple of months but we'll be living here for the next 2-3 years, which still feels quite temporary.

Thanks. Yes we move for work - my wife's, not mine. I'm the bag carrier, or as one of my Australian friends from Tirana put it, the Spousal support Person - SSP.

A DC and district SC meetup would be great. I've been looking online to see what there is by way of photo groups in the area.

There are local photo clubs. I know a couple in VA area. You can check the closest one to you. Also I signed up for meetup.com groups. I didn't have time to follow them much but they are pretty active and have variety of interest areas in photography.

I think the best opportunity in DC is National Geographic. They have masters of photography series. I went there for a couple of seasons. Each season they have 3-4 seminars eg one per month and they invite one of their famous photographers to show their story/photos and tell how they do it, etc:

National Geographic Events - Washington, D.C.
Nat Geo Live 2012 Spring DC Series Brochure

A DC and district SC meetup would be great. I've been looking online to see what there is by way of photo groups in the area.

There are local photo clubs. I know a couple in VA area. You can check the closest one to you. Also I signed up for meetup.com groups. I didn't have time to follow them much but they are pretty active and have variety of interest areas in photography.

I think the best opportunity in DC is National Geographic. They have masters of photography series. I went there for a couple of seasons. Each season they have 3-4 seminars eg one per month and they invite one of their famous photographers to show their story/photos and tell how they do it, etc:

National Geographic Events - Washington, D.C.
Nat Geo Live 2012 Spring DC Series Brochure

Thanks for the info. I'll look these up.

Back