Spring Flowers - Ricoh GXR 50mm

christilou

Legend
R0010535.jpg

AGAIN!!!..... stunning shots from a great camera. I looked at some reviews for this camera and 50mm/28mm lenses and they were not very favorable. I think I'm going to stop reading reviews as this camera is awesome with the 50mm & 28mm units. Nice work there Christina!!!!:2thumbs:

Thanks BB, not really "growing" Spring flowers but ones in a vase I'm afraid. I moved them into a shaft of light in the dining room and here they are! They are probably from Holland :) I really like the 50mm fov, I think I've never been a "big picture" kind of person, ha ha.

Andy, I read loads of reviews too. I already had a GX100 a few years ago so was fairly familiar with Ricoh. I was initially put off by the modules but it's no worse than buying the Leica X1 with it's fixed 35mm and at least the GX100 looks like having some more options soon. It's also build very sturdily. I think I'll probably have to shell out for an evf come the Summer as the screen is quite hard to see in bright sunlight (NEX 5 is better in this regard). I'm very happy with it and it takes great ooc b & w jpegs. I can't really fault it so far. The reviews I read for the A12's were good but most thought they were too expensive and this may be so but then I've already had my Leica X1 repaired within it's first 6 months and that was almost twice the price!

The good thing about the GXR is that the IQ seems to be as good as the Leica X1 and you have the option to change between a few focal lengths plus you still have the option of attaching Leica/Zeiss/Voigtlander glass via the new LM module that's due. Seems a great value for money camera.

Back