Leica Spring in the UK

christilou

Legend
M + 90mm Elmarit

L1000173-Edit-2.jpg

L1000166-Edit.jpg

It's a funny thing but when I looked at the photos I took with the M yesterday, even though I'd processed them, I binned lots of them except these two. They seem to look ok to my eyes after a day or so of not looking at them! I wanted to get some blossom pics without a busy bokeh. The A7R + FE55 was giving lots of swirly white blossom bokeh but I prefer the simplicity of these now I come to look at them.

As for the M, with a little intervention from someone called Lothar on fb, I had my M returned to me after almost 4 months! It seems they are running behind (!). Apart from cleaning the sensor and re aligning the RF, the only thing they've done is something software related. It seems to be working fine although I did have a lock up using the evf yesterday.

M + 90mm Elmarit

It's a funny thing but when I looked at the photos I took with the M yesterday, even though I'd processed them, I binned lots of them except these two. They seem to look ok to my eyes after a day or so of not looking at them! I wanted to get some blossom pics without a busy bokeh. The A7R + FE55 was giving lots of swirly white blossom bokeh but I prefer the simplicity of these now I come to look at them.

As for the M, with a little intervention from someone called Lothar on fb, I had my M returned to me after almost 4 months! It seems they are running behind (!). Apart from cleaning the sensor and re aligning the RF, the only thing they've done is something software related. It seems to be working fine although I did have a lock up using the evf yesterday.

I find that with the EVF, I have lock up every now and then. I've been reading about how SD cards can affect the startup time of the M 240 and wonder if it will also influence the startup time and lockups with the EVF. What kind of SD card are you using? What is the speed of the card? I'm using the Lexar 600x and have occassional issue with lock ups on EVF, never any issue with just the RF.

BTW, not sure if you have formatted your SD card with SD Formatter ( SD Memory Card Formatter | SD Association ). Supposed to improve the startup time of on the M 240.

Vince

Back