Square format images

In London today with some very crisp bright light so I've pushed them even harsher and crisper.
GRD3
5676459079_f29f0772fa_b.jpg

5676865146_3e0301ba3a_b.jpg

5676854956_5bb6fe381d_b.jpg

5676854926_d1013dc1a4_b.jpg

5676854950_b80ea0228d_b.jpg

there's many varieties ... if you have a peek at my photostream and look for my yellow Tibetan Paeony shots you'll see leaves much like the ones in pictor's post

PS BB I think you posted that lovely creamy things using HTML ...

Well, I take photographs of flowers and plants I find esthetically pleasing but nearly always forget their names, since remembering names is a big weakness of me. I have to take a look the next time I visit the botanical garden. There are so many plants from all over the world, so it's something like a paradise for photographers like me, but the diversity of plants makes it even more difficult to remember all the names.

Please do, Christian - inquiring minds need to know. However, I'm with you on remembering detailed names of plants, especially their Latin names!

Paul, yup, I posted that photo the way I always do with Flickr's html code. And yes, I'm sure your point is well taken about the tremendous variety of this flower.

OK this is driving me crazy. I've been looking into it for the last hour and that plant doesn't appear to exist anywhere except in the picture. There is nothing like it in any of my gardening reference books nor anywhere I've so far found on the net!
Going to bed to sleep on it (I'm sure I recognise it from somewhere)

I am very sorry for not knowing the name. I visited this plant today again and I wrote down the name which is written on the sign. The name is Aconitum lycoctonum (Northern Wolfsbane). The pictures I have found in the internet have the same leaves as the plant in the botanical garden. However, the flower of my picture looks so different to the flowers of all other pictures of this plant, that I cannot believe that it's the same plant.

oooh no that's not an aconite.

You are right. The problem is, that the sign was directly below this plant and there was no other sign. It looks like someone has exchanged the sign with some other. I have photographed the sign of the plants I have photographed today, but when I used Google to find the English versions of the Latin names I had no hit. Maybe there was some stupid person doing some exchanges of signs.

Damn, I thought the mystery was solved but i agree that it doesn't look at all like any Aconitum lycoctonum pictures. Do you have any images of the whole plant?

I have photographed the sign of the plants I have photographed today, but when I used Google to find the English versions of the Latin names I had no hit.

This is not what I meant. I have had hits of every Latin name I searched an English translation for, but although I took photographs of all signs around the flowers I took photographs of, all pictures I found looked completely different to the flowers of my photographs.

Just sent a link to your photograph off to a couple of plant pals...well, they're human but they like flowers and plants and one in particular is very knowledgeable. Where is Barrie AKA grebeman, I'd think he might know.

Back