Square format images

Rolleiflex + Agfa Astia 200

Te7Uv4fYnPMgQ_DkCqohpT9Cf1LYQqhZHQJ5A2t1p3NH26jC4qSOlsrrpSydatmPziOz2S-TrQPbE8d9N2fQ2Glo=s652-no.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rolleiflex + Fuji APX

y1oEW14vaWqB_8X9oXTElQswZjYuS17BZg6pv50REPSDACiQZMzKd80wwPsvGZK5DqYUGXl4TODjM0vT_GT1pLZs=s651-no.jpg

I just shot some in square format.

XP316532(1)_SP11r.jpg
XP316539(1)_SP11r.jpg
XP316540(1)_SP11r.jpg
XP316541(1)_SP11r.jpg
XP316545(1)_SP11r.jpg
XP316593(1)_SP11r.jpg
XP316607(1)_SP11r.jpg
XV014371r.jpg
XV014391_SP11r.jpg
XV014394_SP11r.jpg

River Vyrnwy at Meifod, Powys.

2404-101 EPM2-17:2.8.jpg

Hmmm, I feel this would look better if you could view the whole image on screen, like quite a few of the earlier posts.
Can someone explain how to resize the image to enable that please?

River Vyrnwy at Meifod, Powys.

View attachment 463732

Hmmm, I feel this would look better if you could view the whole image on screen, like quite a few of the earlier posts.
Can someone explain how to resize the image to enable that please?
Does it not depend on how you edited it Brian? I find that everything I crop, no matter to what dimensions, is reproduced faithfully here! If I don't need to crop, it will be downsized to 1500x1000 megapixels, and shown in the post as expected!

Does it not depend on how you edited it Brian? I find that everything I crop, no matter to what dimensions, is reproduced faithfully here! If I don't need to crop, it will be downsized to 1500x1000 megapixels, and shown in the post as expected!
I've only uploaded the one image to this square format thread, so wasn't sure how it would be displayed.
I would prefer the image to be displayed like @BobbyT 's has (two above).
Perhaps he'd be so good as to reveal the secret.

I've only uploaded the one image to this square format thread, so wasn't sure how it would be displayed.
I would prefer the image to be displayed like @BobbyT 's has (two above).
Perhaps he'd be so good as to reveal the secret.
Aah, yes, I see what you are getting at. In Fujifilm cameras there is an option to set image size to 1:1, amongst many others!

I don't think it matters whether I select image size to 1:1 in camera or merely crop a 4/3 image to 1:1.
I'd just like to know what size (?) image I need to upload, so that it appears smaller on screen.
Brian, when I click on your images they resize to fit in the window. Not all posted images do this. I don't know why, but you're doing something right!

I don't think it matters whether I select image size to 1:1 in camera or merely crop a 4/3 image to 1:1.
I'd just like to know what size (?) image I need to upload, so that it appears smaller on screen.
I use an app called Image Size to show my images in Camaraderie. I can set the width and height size, and for a square format I would probably set 1000x1000 pixels. All my photos are JPEG.

Back