Square Format

William Lewis

All-Pro
Name
William Lewis
One of the things I miss in not shooting film anymore is medium format, especially the square format of so many great cameras. Rather than go to the expense of finding a still functional camera system (they were all systems) I thought I’d experiment a bit with my post processing software….

L1005680 1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not too bad considering I wasn’t composing the other day with the intent of making it a square format. I’ll have to go out and try to compose for that again.

I already wanted to turn around and not shoot this, when my I caught attention of the casted shadows. With the slowly setting sun right behind me, the owl-sign and it's shadow, as well as those of the whole gate, seemed like a good monochrome image. I have cropped it to square format, as I thought it would be quite fitting.
52150837396_63c9fc1e32_o.jpg
DSCF0183_DxO by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

Cross posted.

Taken with my first ever camera, a Brownie box camera IIRC. Taken mid to late 1950s, when I was about 8 y.o.

Scan from a print on stipple paper.

Boy with dog and fish on the old Wynnum pier in Brisbane. The pier has long since been replaced, and I cannot know about the lad.

Boy_Dog_Wynum_1960s_Copy.jpg

Cross posted.

Taken with my first ever camera, a Brownie box camera IIRC. Taken mid to late 1950s, when I was about 8 y.o.

Scan from a print on stipple paper.

Boy with dog and fish on the old Wynnum pier in Brisbane. The pier has long since been replaced, and I cannot know about the lad.

View attachment 368773
Fantastic - both the image and the fact that you had your first camera at 8 years old; what a gift!

M.

Back