Square Portrait EM5 + Olympus 75mm 1.8

Not to mention the temptation of the X100s! But I'll try to resist that one given that the XE1 has barely been used so far, and I still have the X100. Oh, and my XE1 is also the black one. Fortunately, no silver lenses by Fuji yet!

Thanks for looking. To say I'm pleased with this lens on the EM5 would be an understatement. I'm totally smitten with it's rendering of the light. I nearly always use a soft focus filter for portraits, even for the dog and so when I saw the early samples from this lens, I was sceptical of it's use for portraits, or at least the kind that I like to shoot. However, I've been keeping my eye on the price here in the UK and it's been £649 for some time. When I saw it on Amazon for £639 I made up my mind and I think in doing so, I've committed myself to this little EM5. It does so much so well that I can't see myself parting with it. I think the lenses play a large part too and this one is the icing on the cake for me :) I also worried that the 75mm (150mm) might be too long but have not found this to be so (luckily).

I'm in the same situation... the omd has come down in price quite a bit now (850 euro) and i'd love to couple it with the 45/75mm and my konica lenses... I use these on aps-c but on micro 4/3 they would open "a new world" because of the 2x crop factor... just a shame that the 17mm 1.8 lens turn out not to be so good :(

I'm a lazy photographer and most often I'll be sitting at my table with my iMac, grab the camera from next to me and fire off a few shots if the light is nice. I guess she's sitting about 5 or 6 feet away from me. I may have to lean a little back but it's certainly no great distance.

LOL, I use a similar mentality and methodology for my photography. (I doubt I would extend myself with a lean.)

G

Back