Stanley Park,Vancouver - a warm fall day

summerkl

Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Kevin
A very good idea, coffee on the beach :)

Some old statues and new statues

This picture looks serene but it was like walking through a minefield trying to avoid their droppings :eek:

The park juts out into the Burrad Inlet. First image is the east seawall and the next is the west seawall (with a different take on a bird's eye view :wink: ).

Lastly, a few fall color photos ..

Thanks for viewing ... these photos will help me get through the coming wet and gray weather months :frown:

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Agreed - a beautiful fall collection...the sunlight, the blue skies, the colors, the goose poop :p... Seriously, Kevin - you live in a beautiful area and these give me a real taste of things out there. Will the winter really be that bad? I like your pigeon's eye view picture and commend you for bending down...considering the geese...and love that last one, especially.

summerkl

Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Kevin
Hi BB - who knew hobby photography could be so unsanitary :frown: Yes it was a glorious day to be outside - I have been shooting macros a lot lately so it was nice to shoot with a wide-angle. As to the weather, if you put any stock into it, they are predicting one of the colder winters for us ... brrrr.

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
You are a credit to the "hobby"! Let's hope those predictions are wrong. My husband is dreading the snow.

P.S. The colors in your pictures are fantastic!

AzPete

Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
Hey Kevin, great shots. I was over in Vancouver many years ago and have great memories of it and Victoria Island. Let
me see shall I say in the late 60's...were you born yet? :)
Those were my draft dodging days....no just joking of course.
Send us more....
Cheers, Pete

summerkl

Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Kevin
Hey Pete, in the late 60's I had just escaped the hatch so to speak - no drug metaphors implied :) Photography continues to be a wonderful journey ... a walk in the park used to be an enjoyable mindless day. Now I'm more aware of my surroundings and appreciating all that is in it ... although some may still say I'm mindless :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom