Starting to Love.....

Mal

Veteran
My little carry around Lumix FP3...

View attachment 31123

I bought this little carry around compact last week, and I've tried it out a few times... wasn't that keen on the touch-screen (never had one before) but I'm starting to get the hang of it now... and to tell the truth its not that bad...:rolleyes:

There are a couple of little niggles, like it doesn't seem to handle reds all that well, but I have put that down to the smaller 1/2.23 sensor size... but hey, cant have everything I suppose... anyway, went out today for my usual after work walk with the dog and took my FP3 along with me.... some interesting shots for such a little camera....

Here we go.....

View attachment 31124
Manually set to B&W with an 80 ISO - (auto set f5 @ 1/250) no post edit or crop

View attachment 31125
Manually set to 'Standard colour' with an 80 ISO - (auto set f3.5 @ 1/125) post crop + slight saturation adjust

View attachment 31126
Manually set to B&W with an 80 ISO and a manual -2/3 EV (auto set f3.5 @ 1/40) post crop + contrast adjust

View attachment 31127
MACRO - mini tripod & timer - Manually set to 'Standard colour' with an 100 ISO - (auto set f3.5 @ 1/30) post crop with saturation adjust

Have to say I'm impressed with the macro function on this small camera, as you can choose standard macro, or zoom macro...

View attachment 31128
I.A - 400 ISO. f3.5 @ 1/30 - slight post crop

View attachment 31129
Manually set to 'Warm' with an 80 ISO (auto set f3.8 @ 1/40) no post edit

View attachment 31130
Manually set to B&W with an 80 ISO - (auto set f3.5 @ 1/200) slight post crop + contrast adjust

Not bad for for a small compact but I am learning to expect it from a Lumix now.... ;)

Mal.

Hi Mal
Some of the P&S compacts pack a hell of a punch when it comes to Macro I have casio EX H10 which produces excellent close ups for small sensor cameras, very nice shots particularly of the frost covered bundle of trees branches.

Very nice series Mal. Just another reminder that its far less about the equipment than the eye behind it!

-Ray

Many thanks for the comments... My favourite is also #1... however, I wanted to experiment with a full range of shots, in order to build up my own confidence in this little P&S... (with restricted manual functions) as I'm sure you will all agree that there is nothing worse than using a camera you aren't comfortable with. Ray's comments ring true in so many ways... and members of this site, I'm sure can recall shoots where MONSTER DSL users, are out & about in force, and their obvious lack of knowledge is apparent by the looks they give us when we use our serious compacts.

Mal.

I agree - number 1 is my favorite, as well, but I am also very impressed with the detail in your fallen and almost frozen oak leaf! I think it's an oak's leaf. Glad you're having so much fun and getting such great results, Mal!

Back