Micro 4/3 Startling Comparison ...

Brian, a little before my time. I worked from 1971-1975, some part-time while in law school. My first Nikon was the Nikkormat FTN, followed by NikonFTN Photomic, F2a, F3, F4, F5, 8008s, 8008, N90, FE, FM, with all the accessories. I still have a few film bodies and quite a few MF lenses. In digital, I bought a D70, D1, D2x, D3200, D700, D 750, D800 S600, D 610, and I still have the D2x, D750. In my last year in law school, I worked there as well as freelancing as an aerial photographer for several real estate companies. Loved Nikon but that broken wrist and too many years caught up to me and told me lighter was better.
Be sure to visit the Nikon forum here. Picked up my first Nikon outfit with the Nikkormat FT2 and F2A. Digital- Kodak DCS200ir (N8008s-digital), Nikon E3 (1997 Full-frame using reduction optics), D1, D1x, Df. Still have most Nikon film cameras going back to the Nikon M and up to the N70. ~120 Nikkors or so.

Nikon-Banner.jpg

Lighter- from 1996 to 2015, shooting film- mostly Nikon SP and the S3. These days with Digital, I have to settle for Leica to shoot my RF Nikkors. If Nikon ever does a Nikon SP-Digital, I am in.

Last edited:
olympus_black_and_chrome.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
tessina_ep2.jpg

A startling comparison!

Just so everyone knows I shoot just about everything...

Doesn't the Olympus seem huge compared to a 35mm TLR?

Last edited:
That Tessina is huge compared to the camera I used in the service--A little Minox. :)
I'll find my "SubClub" group portrait. I have a Minox EC and Yashica Atoron Electro that use 9.5mm film. But- I used a Minolta 16-II that "Santa" brought me when I was 13. Still have it, and reloadable cassettes. Same for the Tessina and Minox.
ep2_C3_Lens.jpg

I've adapted a lot of lenses to various mounts. My u43 was usually the first stop for them. This one is from an Argus C3, a "Cooke Triplet". I ended up giving it away, and giving away several adapted lenses. I have some insanely sharp lenses, but just enjoy the "character of the lens".

If you need sharp- and a 20MPixel mu43 camera can resolve just about any optic that can be fabricated, they are available and the cost is not too much.
I'll try getting a shot through one lens I collected that was used in an optical computer built in the 1980s.

Last edited:
That Tessina is huge compared to the camera I used in the service--A little Minox. :)
Yes, Mel. I have a complete original Minox 8mm kit, including the light meter, developing tank and enlarger. This camera had a curved film plane (basically a Schmidt camera, mostly used in astronomy these days), so the enlarger has a negatively curved film carrier to correct it.

Back