Stats on Flickr

pdh

Legend
As I have a "Pro" account on Flickr, it means I can get stats about where the referrals are coming from when people view my pictures.
Because I am a bit of a sad sack, I do keep an eye on them, if only to see whether the snaps of mine I like most are actually being looked at ...

What has been most "interesting" is what the most common searches are on Flickr that have led someone to my account ... and it turns out that almost every day, someone is searching for "Cosinon 135/2.8" or "Hexanon 57" ... I also get plenty of hits from "olympus 17/2.8" ... and there are regular referrals from just one particular thread on mu-43 where I posted an image from the Cosinon ...

So this led me to wonder if anyone here uses Flickr stats, and what, if anything, has surprised them about the results ... ?

What surprises me the most is that MINI cult folks are still looking at my roof rails that were one of the first factory installed back in 2008! Just about every day!?! I have them posted from back then on the site called North American Motoring. Amazing to me.

I am not sure how accurate the stats are. For example, yesterday I uploaded and image and with in a very short time I had two comments from two people and one favour. My view count was 1. Shouldn't it have been at least 2? If they are wrong on that how many more are they wrong one?

I've never looked at stats, other than I see when people comment on a photo or mark it as a favorite. Other than that, I have no idea and I'm not sure I want to know where to find it either - I'm the kind of person who could end up looking at stuff like that and trying to derive meaning from it, of which I suspect there is none...

-Ray

I am not sure how accurate the stats are. For example, yesterday I uploaded and image and with in a very short time I had two comments from two people and one favour. My view count was 1. Shouldn't it have been at least 2? If they are wrong on that how many more are they wrong one?

If someone looked at the image through flickriver, fluidr, or a similar flickr app it does not register as a "view", but they can still comment and fave if they are logged in.

first, enable stats (can't remember how you do that, but you must have a Pro account ) ... then it's "Your stats" from the "You" drop down menu ... then you can click on entries in the "domain" section at the bottom of that page ...

My most viewed photos on Flickr are the pictures of cameras and lenses :mad:

There are also 2 very popular photographs made with Sony SLT cameras. Somebody mentioned them on Dyxum and they still get a lot of traffic.

Back