Sculptures and Statues

Seated with Orpheus and Cerebus at Boston MFA. XT-10 16-55/2.8

BOS-MFA-JAN-2019-0005-Edit-LREdit.jpg

39857651193_aaf9714995_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Robert Lois Stevenson and Modestine - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D3-02 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Memorial to Robert Lois Stevenson and Modestine in Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas. A nice memorial given Robert Lois Stevenson never intended to visit Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas but he got lost looking for his intended commune for the night, the nearby Lac de Bouchet. He stayed in Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas on September 22, 1878, some 140 years before us :)

Day 3 of 12 - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas to Langogne: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

47055959602_313f28d81c_o.jpg
Kumbhakarna by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Kumbhakarna (Sanskrit: कुम्भकर्ण, lit. pot-eared) is a named rakshasa and younger brother of Ravana in the famous Hindu Legends in the events of Ramayana. Despite his monstrous size and great appetite, he was described to be of good character and great warrior in those times, though he killed and ate many monkeys only to show his power.

47166039022_00e0bb3593_o.jpg
Art - Ancienne mine de Saint-Flour-de-Mercoire - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D4-6 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This sculpture is at Ancienne mine de Saint-Flour-de-Mercoire which is an abandoned mine near St Flour de Mercoire. I am assuming it is has some connection to the past mining activities but that may well be an erroneous assumption on my part..

Day 4 of 12 - Langogne - Le Cheylard l’Evèque: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France

Back