Feedback Still can't post photos

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
They upload fine using the PL on-site uploader, are visible in my gallery, and when I click them into a post, only a blank appears in the post preview.

Photos that I uploaded previously (before the changeover to PL) that are in my gallery do not appear either.

Cheers, Jock

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
Jock, I bumped this one up to Amin's office. I'm fairly sure he was already working on the problem. But in case he wasn't aware of the issue, he is now.
Put a Gold Star on your chart or a Smiley Face on your cubbie; ya done good!

Cheers, Jock

Amin

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2010
Can you link me to a post where you embedded the image and it is not showing?

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
I think it's the same problem exhibited here...... https://www.photographerslounge.org/showthread.php?t=31550

But Jock, if you have some examples, please share them here as it may help in diagnosing the problem. If you have deleted them, please try a new one and link to it here.
This reply is an example.

There are supposed to be four photos above; three new ones (uploaded since the changeover) and one that was previously posted (and it appears.)

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Cheers, Jock

Amin

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2010
Please try it again now. This is proving difficult to pin down but I just made some changes...

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
whoop whoop!

One thing though, when I go to upload a photo, it says my gallery space is unlimited; I don't think you'd be well pleased if I actually uploaded an unlimited amount of photos here! (no discussions about the nature of the term 'unlimited' please - yes Paul, if you're reading this, that includes you and your Pedantic Anonymous buddies :wink: )

PS when I try to upload the above image as my profile pic, it says 'can't submit image' or something of that nature. I don't know if that might have anything to do with the image posting thing? I tried both linking to its url and uploading it using the form, same result. As far as I can tell, the image conforms to the limits set for profile pics.

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
Thanks Luke, but I'm still getting the same message. It did point my attention to the fact that I was using the wrong feature for what I was trying to do (profile pic instead of avatar :p ), but since the image dimensions were correct for the profile pic, it's no surprise that it's still not saving the image, regardless if I use the profile pic or the avatar feature (image of 100x100).

Amin

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2010
Thanks Luke, but I'm still getting the same message. It did point my attention to the fact that I was using the wrong feature for what I was trying to do (profile pic instead of avatar :p ), but since the image dimensions were correct for the profile pic, it's no surprise that it's still not saving the image, regardless if I use the profile pic or the avatar feature (image of 100x100).
Working now?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom