Still Dark

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Very early morning images taken with the X30 while watching the sunrise over the city, on a very Autumn-like morning, I might add.

DSCF0288a.jpg

DSCF0289a.jpg

I used it a few times, and found it a little softer than the XF27 f2.8, which almost completely replicates it. So it got used more or less that once, and not since, on the Fuji anyway. I still use it a ton for film, when I shoot film.

I have read many good remarks about the 27, but have held off on buying one mainly because I prefer a physical aperture ring. With the 23 WR coming out on the 29th, I am likely to buy that one, especially since I was able to sell my XF 18-55 for a decent price.

I miss it too, when I use the 27. It just demands a different style, and I'm happiest when I don't fight it. I find a shutter & ISO combo that puts the aperture about where I want it (with room to run on both sides), put the EV comp at -1 usually, and just spray away. I brought just the 27 and the long XC50-230 to my daughter's first Soccer team day last night. The 27 (with a circ polarizer on it) did this, walking, framed with the back LCD down at arm's length by my side as I walked. So for little gifts like this, combined with how tiny it is, I think I'll always sorta love it.

28927136233_8d0acc6c2f_c.jpg
KBRX9046
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Back