Storm over northern Europe

Just heard about this now via our Public Broadcasting Service also known as PBS.

What's going on with everyone?! I just saw photographs off the coast of England and it looked extremely rough.

Please check in when you can.

We're cold but not even expecting snow in Henry, IL, while my friends in Oklahoma are getting at least a day off from teaching at Northeastern U because of a huge ice storm. A Facebook Friend of mine near Nuremburg says they're having a "hurricane" (I wonder if she means a derecho, but the important thing is) planes are tied down at the airports, roofs ripped off houses, fatalities. Worldwide is right, Sue!

Not to get political here, but it's global climate change - even if a sizeable amount of people are in denial about it.

Yup, I think the "cause" of it is less important than actually doing something about it. Our global population spread is partially based on climate factors, and as those change, we need to adapt and (hopefully) ameliorate the most extreme weather patterns.

The scientific consensus seems to be that we have already passed the tipping point - climate change is now going to happen no matter what we do. If we could have prevented it at one time, that train has already left the station. The process is already well underway. But the good news is, those same scientists say there's still time to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. We'd better get cracking, however. That's the part that has me worried.

Hi, thanks for the replies! We (my wife, Siamese cat and me) are doing okay! We are happy so far to live in an area located in the eastern part of The Netherlands.
Are any members hidden by this storm? Hopefully not!

Take good care of yourself!

Best regards, Herman

Has our member from Plymouth checked in? There was a landslide on the other side of England, the east, I think. I've been away from computer most of the day. I'll try to find that link when I get home.

Sent from my MB865 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Back