Street magic combo

Iansky

All-Pro
We went to Cheltenham this afternoon so while my wife was hitting the Christmas market, I was doing some street work.

I had the fantastic XP2+35mm f1.4 that for me are the perfect street combo and deliver images that always make me smile.

Chelt 1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Chelt 2.jpg
Chelt 6.jpg
Chelt 9.jpg
Chelt 10.jpg
Chelt 11.jpg
Chelt 14.jpg
Chelt 15.jpg
Chelt 16.jpg
Chelt 17.jpg

Thank you all for the nice feedback, I find this combo is perfect for street as it draws little attention and is fast, these are all shot wide open.

I have recently started using Iridient 3.1.2 as my primary Raw convertor and these I then finished off in Lightroom.

Ultimately, it proved to be too small and awkward on the Pro2. The few times I need to put a speedlite on, the awkwardness increases exponentially. And I found I was missing the 1.4 at times.

On the X-T10, X-A1 or similar, the 35mm F2 is perfect.

I'm curious; as someone who takes very few people images, these all look very natural, not posed at all. Do you look through the viewfinder, or compose with the rear screen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tony, I use a combination of both but mostly the viewfinder as it is so good on the XP2, it is a camera that does not draw attention so you can use it without people getting agitated. There are some occasions where the screen works well but I prefer to compose using the viewfinder.

Back