Street Street photography (Image thread)

20210220_160733_X10V2813_street.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Is this photo too intrusive? Taken from the sidewalk outside of the salon.

20210307_133919_X10V3012_misc.jpg

Was busy for a week so couldn't go on a photo walk. Then I managed to drop a bike and literally fall on top of it in my garage and put a huge, painful bruise on the side of my shin bone and half my foot turned purple. So it was mostly bed rest and an elevated leg for another week.

Today was my first opportunity to take some pics and it was only for a short period. Hopefully I'll be back to 100% next weekend.

X10V3133.jpg

A typical photo where I'm feeling intensely uncomfortable because people are staring at me (although not at this precise second) as I'm taking photos. It's strange that I'm so drawn to street photography when I'm such an introvert. I guess I can't complain since I'm making them uncomfortable by taking their photos.

View attachment 251766
A typical photo where I'm feeling intensely uncomfortable because people are staring at me (although not at this precise second) as I'm taking photos. It's strange that I'm so drawn to street photography when I'm such an introvert. I guess I can't complain since I'm making them uncomfortable by taking their photos.
Beautiful photo. I think a lot of us introverts are drawn to street photography because we like to people watch, usually. Introverts enjoy being around people, just not being the center of attention, right? It's a case of voyeurism, without any negative connotations (annoying how the only word for this has so much baggage attached to it). Feeling like we're connecting while remaining under the radar.

Introverts enjoy being around people, just not being the center of attention, right?
Ummmm . . . no. It doesn't bother me if I have to go someplace where there's people, but I much prefer solitude. I really have no interest at all in people watching, and if I come upon a scene I want to photograph and there's people around, I'll wait until they move, if I can.

Beautiful photo. I think a lot of us introverts are drawn to street photography because we like to people watch, usually. Introverts enjoy being around people, just not being the center of attention, right? It's a case of voyeurism, without any negative connotations (annoying how the only word for this has so much baggage attached to it). Feeling like we're connecting while remaining under the radar.
Yes, I think that describes me fairly well. I like being around people and I enjoy people watching. But I'm not often interested in interacting with them (strangers, I mean).

Back