Street Street photography (Image thread)

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
I'm always amazed at how lots of people, after having had all this practice, still fail in covering their nose :rolleyes:
That’s actually a fair summary of what it’s like down here in Sydney compared to the rest of the world, people tend to cover their nose on public transport but only once their on the bus/ train. We are *currently* fortunate. What happens if and when a cluster starts and we have little to no supplies to inject people is another matter.....

Bart J D

Top Veteran
That’s actually a fair summary of what it’s like down here in Sydney compared to the rest of the world, people tend to cover their nose on public transport but only once their on the bus/ train. We are *currently* fortunate. What happens if and when a cluster starts and we have little to no supplies to inject people is another matter.....
Does that mean that vaccination has not yet started?

I have a strange feeling we've not reached the end of the line of this virus. An elderly person died of the Indian variant while he was fully vaccinated (2 shots).

Relaxing of the rules made a big step this weekend against the advise of the scientists. The relaxed rules were even less followed or imposed than before.

Real Name
Alan
Melbourne Mélange
L1004505.jpg

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Does that mean that vaccination has not yet started?
In theory it has. In practice, one person out of 100 I know has had it and he went to the front of the queue due to a current medical condition. The vaccination won’t be really going till next year in truth. How the COVID has changed at that time we just don’t know.

View attachment 258645
I tried a tighter crop to remove the flare but in the end decided the flare made the photo more balanced and interesting. Your thoughts?
I like the flare, it tells you where the light comes from, placing the shadow of the sitting lady in context. Have to add that I generally prefer lots of context in my street photos, which I often get criticized for in my photoclub :).

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Yes I generally like flare too whether big or small, aside from anything else it displays context. To think I used to be disappointed when it cropped up in my images. I was wrong.

re-note

All-Pro
Real Name
Rolf
I like the flare, it tells you where the light comes from, placing the shadow of the sitting lady in context. Have to add that I generally prefer lots of context in my street photos, which I often get criticized for in my photoclub :).
Photoclubs exist to keep you on the right track. Never try a diversion or they will isolate you.
For this reason I left photoclubs a long time ago and have ever since been fairly happy.

Photoclubs exist to keep you on the right track. Never try a diversion or they will isolate you.
For this reason I left photoclubs a long time ago and have ever since been fairly happy.
Hehe. I am with the club to have some fellow members to share an outing with and generally to meet other folks. After some years I noticed that I hardly ever changed my mind about my own photos because of comments on them, except for some isolated remarks that resulted in slight improvements, so photo reviews have become much less important to me.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom