Street Street photography (Image thread)

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Those are great, some of the better candid shots I've seen with this camera, they can be hard to get with the wide angle!
Thanks Andrew, most people are instinctively anxious or don't like having to go in close with a relatively wide angle camera which is difficult to overcome. But if you do overcome that, the results speak for themselves. As I've said before that camera is so small and quick, the subjects won't be aware anyway.

mumu

Regular
20210605_134550_X10V5340_misc.jpg

Real Name
Brent
I have witnessed this behavior over and over again and find it interesting in all variations.
Due to legal restrictions I can´t take pictures of persons without their explicit consent.
This is a shame really. As far as I am informed nobody ever lost his life for being photographed.
Not street photography specific however... With the pandemic, capitol attack, and racial violence during this past year, people have been photographing and videoing altercations as a means to hold others accountable. I'm seeing and hearing much greater resistance to people pointing cameras, phones, and recording devices. It wouldn't surprise me if laws are challenged in the US in regards to recording people in public.

mumu

Regular
I have witnessed this behavior over and over again and find it interesting in all variations.
Due to legal restrictions I can´t take pictures of persons without their explicit consent.
This is a shame really. As far as I am informed nobody ever lost his life for being photographed.
That is truly sad. Street photography was a great creative outlet for me during the pandemic.

Addendum: after thinking about this for a few minutes, I think I'd still be able to keep doing street photography if I lived in Germany, although it would mean a narrower range of compositions.

These photos should pass the requirement of either not having the person being the primary element in the image, or not being identifiable.
20210410_120644_X10V4310_street.jpg 20210425_134539_X10V4551_misc.jpg 20210502_111805_X10V4634_street.jpg 20210514_192437_X10V4945_misc.jpg

Unfortunately, it will mean missing out on photos where facial expressions are the major element of the composition.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom