Street Street photography (Image thread)

P1290987.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That image feels like it should belong in a history book for the 21st century, a reflection of human indifference (people walking by) and tiredness (the guy on the gate).
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. While that photo was from Mexico City, here in my own city of Vancouver, it's depressingly easier to get such a shot. We've got a higher standard of living than Mexico but the number of people on the street here has become quite shocking.

20220206)_151714_X10V1628_misc-Edit.jpg

Attachments

• 20220206)_151714_X10V1628_misc-Edit.jpg
    20220206)_151714_X10V1628_misc-Edit.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 35
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. While that photo was from Mexico City, here in my own city of Vancouver, it's depressingly easier to get such a shot. We've got a higher standard of living than Mexico but the number of people on the street here has become quite shocking.

View attachment 301472
I know what you mean and how you feel. I am seeing it here as well, in the UK, for the last 6 years of living here. Even for me, for the last 6 months, I have been living on the edge of ending up homeless and I lost all my savings and almost all my (high value) possessions, up to as recent as last week I had to sell all my photographic gear and items (that I don't use very often but had sentimental value) just to stay up with the bills and have some food ... and everything is getting more expensive still and getting higher tax as well.

DSC00227.JPG

I missed the perfect focus because I was rushing to get to work before I was too late but this was screaming at me as so bright and obvious.

DSC00235.JPG

Defects.

DSC00237.JPG

Please take me up and out of here.

DSC00241.JPG

Bright sunshine.

DSC00242-Edit.JPG

Left behind.

DSC00243-Edit.JPG

Suspicious location for THE ONE.

DSC00249-Edit.JPG

Overburdened.

DSC00255.JPG

Across.

DSC00259.JPG

21st-century generation.

DSC00264.JPG

Very advertising stairs.

View attachment 301472
At first I rated your picture "sad", but changed that to a neutral "like". Instead I just want to say I have the same feeling about people living on the streets. It's heartbreaking and I hardly ever make photos of them, it just doesn't feel right.

At first I rated your picture "sad", but changed that to a neutral "like". Instead I just want to say I have the same feeling about people living on the streets. It's heartbreaking and I hardly ever make photos of them, it just doesn't feel right.
Don't worry about the rating, I only posted that pic to illustrate my point. As for taking the photo, sometimes I just react and I don't want to delete the photo from my catalogue because it has meaning for me. Opioid addiction has become a huge problem here in Vancouver. I work at one our university's urban campuses and our security guards carry Narcan due to the number of people off the street that come in and overdose in our bathrooms.

Back