Street Street photography (Image thread)

The chair and pub from the previous photo, the previous afternoon:
2022_0703_12250900-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I feel very sad about Shanghai. Went there in 2010 for a nephew's wedding, and had a great time, although being so culturally immersed was challenging at times. We stayed somewhere outside of the main tourist places, so the hotel and cafe staff had no English. Our niece would come when needed to translate :) Wonderful city to visit. It had had some beautification apparently in preparation for Expo.

I feel very sad about Shanghai. Went there in 2010 for a nephew's wedding, and had a great time, although being so culturally immersed was challenging at times. We stayed somewhere outside of the main tourist places, so the hotel and cafe staff had no English. Our niece would come when needed to translate :) Wonderful city to visit. It had had some beautification apparently in preparation for Expo.
It's been 12 years since your last visit. Significant changes have taken place in Shanghai, especially in the center of the town. Looking forward to your next visit when the annoying conditions are alleviated, and If you like, we can take photography walks in Shanghai streets, and I can be a tour guide/driver to show you some interesting and beautiful places in neighbors. Surely you don't need to be worried about the language barrier when I stay alongside.
This breakout has been a blow to Shanghai, which is struggling to revive. It takes time but I believe it will be back on its feet, soon or later.

It's been 12 years since your last visit. Significant changes have taken place in Shanghai, especially in the center of the town. Looking forward to your next visit when the annoying conditions are alleviated, and If you like, we can take photography walks in Shanghai streets, and I can be a tour guide/driver to show you some interesting and beautiful places in neighbors. Surely you don't need to be worried about the language barrier when I stay alongside.
This breakout has been a blow to Shanghai, which is struggling to revive. It takes time but I believe it will be back on its feet, soon or later.

When I said I was sad about Shanghai I meant about the lockdown and the effects that has had.

While I would love to come back and explore places I didn't before, I doubt it is likely. I was with a family group when I was there before, so we went where the majority went - while this suited me most of the time, I always enjoy just wandering and looking, and of course "snapping". :)

Thanks for the offer of showing me around though. If I win Lotto I'll be there!

Back