Street Street photography (Image thread)

Bobitybob

Top Veteran
Name
Bob
Leica M8_00798-External Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aviator

Regular
Name
Arturo
Foggy day in Paris.
Olympus Pen F + M.Zuiko 12/2

Slightly tweaked jpegs using the Monochrome Mode 2 with the low grain setting.

PB290042.jpg

PB290054.jpg

PB290049.jpg

PB290067.jpg

PB290058.jpg

Last edited:

John King

Member of SOFA
Name
John ...
Practically no one here smokes now, Larry.

The tobacco companies are trying to sneak it back in via vaping, but the government has come down very hard on that.

I notice that there are many smokers in Netflix produced stuff, and wonder if they are getting placement advertising from the tobacco companies.

Juggernaut

Top Veteran
Name
Larry
Practically no one here smokes now, Larry.

The tobacco companies are trying to sneak it back in via vaping, but the government has come down very hard on that.

I notice that there are many smokers in Netflix produced stuff, and wonder if they are getting placement advertising from the tobacco companies.
Smokers are getting fewer now as smoking is restricted in public spaces. No smoking is allowed in roofed spaces (even there are not entirely enclosed). However smokers are still seen everywhere because they are forced to have the relief moment in open areas.
Decades ago in China smoking and drinking were popular for men, who thought smoking was the act showing masculinity. Now the younger generations don't believe this anymore but interestingly female smokers become more.

mumu

Veteran
20221204_145001_X10V6591_misc.jpg

Another view of the smoking guy that I posted earlier. This was the original shot I wanted to do when I saw him, but he was so pre-occupied that I also had time to take the earlier photo where his smoke was backlit by the sun. I had to make sure I was off-angle enough so that my reflection didn't show up in the window.