Street Street photography (Image thread)

View attachment 367866
Bruce Gilden in action. Oxford Street, London. I may have posted this way, way back in time. He had 2 young guys with him who loaded his film into cameras whilst he invaded personal space of passers by in his inimicable style. I was shooting too but with a monopod and he looked at me and shouted "Why are you shooting with that?" I told him I had PD and it was to stop shakes. He said "Do you know who I am?" I said "No....do YOU know who I am?" He replied "I'm Bruce Gilden.....you heard of me?" I replied "No....I'm Pete Tachauer, ever heard of me?" He said "Nope". So I said "well that's two of us who don't know who each other is". We swapped email addresses and I sent him my best shot from the day. He mailed me back and said he wished he had got that shot. I genuinely had no idea who he was. I had just started out in photography let alone street photography. But, he probably still doesn't know who I am.
Google: Bruce Gilden photographer.

IMGP6790.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 367866
Bruce Gilden in action. Oxford Street, London. I may have posted this way, way back in time. He had 2 young guys with him who loaded his film into cameras whilst he invaded personal space of passers by in his inimicable style. I was shooting too but with a monopod and he looked at me and shouted "Why are you shooting with that?" I told him I had PD and it was to stop shakes. He said "Do you know who I am?" I said "No....do YOU know who I am?" He replied "I'm Bruce Gilden.....you heard of me?" I replied "No....I'm Pete Tachauer, ever heard of me?" He said "Nope". So I said "well that's two of us who don't know who each other is". We swapped email addresses and I sent him my best shot from the day. He mailed me back and said he wished he had got that shot. I genuinely had no idea who he was. I had just started out in photography let alone street photography. But, he probably still doesn't know who I am.
I love that story. Thx for posting.

Back