Street Street photography (Image thread)

S01-20230603-184.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

S02-20230603-185.jpg

On Saturday I was out at a local fair for the first time in 2 years, work-related having to take the residence out for a walk, and I did not have high hopes that I could manage anxiety-wise being surrounded by a lot of people and lots of noises. It went better than I expected, I usually last about an hour before my hands start trembling and I can't look at people and my attention is mostly on the ground, and I got a few pictures that I am generally happy with:

OVI05447.JPG

The stand for "Anyone-join-in-for-singing" stand ... I don't think anyone could stand their singing :p

OVI05457.JPG

Roasted hog. I wish I had shot this wider so I didn't cut off the clients, something like a 24mm would help because I couldn't back away and drive a wheelchair.

OVI05461.JPG

Miss Hatter?

OVI05468.JPG

I was attracted by their cute cow hats but only in post did I realise that her mom was tutoring her on Ice-cream selling (family-owned business) I love this picture like nothing else, it's one of the pictures that I feel really proud of.

OVI05479.JPG

Someone let the Squirrels loose and gave people random hugs and poses.

OVI05501.JPG

This lovely gentleman, took him by surprise with my camera, gave us an extra free cotton candy bag.

OVI05504.JPG

I was not expecting a Bollywood filming.

OVI05515.JPG

Siblings enjoying a cold Dr. Pepper at the "pit stop".

OVI05594.JPG

Earlier today, went down to the basins for the ducks, work-related walk, and caught the kids crossing the busy main road after school.

OVI05597-Edit.JPG

I admit that this was one of the most powerful and painful moments I've experienced recently, seeing two siblings hugging each other reminded me of the strong bond that my late girlfriends' kids have with each other because they live with different families in different towns. I am so proud that I could get this image, I did cry for about half an hour afterwards.

OVI05651-Edit.JPG

Little kids feeding the ducks and the swans and just having so much fun.

OVI05650-Edit.JPG

Another moment that really moved me, noticed only in post after cropping, was the little girl hanging her Teddy Bear on the side of the fence so he can watch the ducks and the swans with her. I just can't help but feel the innocents and sweetness of her wanting to share the world with her little (best?) friend.

View attachment 392373
Earlier today, went down to the basins for the ducks, work-related walk, and caught the kids crossing the busy main road after school.

View attachment 392374
I admit that this was one of the most powerful and painful moments I've experienced recently, seeing two siblings hugging each other reminded me of the strong bond that my late girlfriends' kids have with each other because they live with different families in different towns. I am so proud that I could get this image, I did cry for about half an hour afterwards.

View attachment 392376
Little kids feeding the ducks and the swans and just having so much fun.

View attachment 392377
Another moment that really moved me, noticed only in post after cropping, was the little girl hanging her Teddy Bear on the side of the fence so he can watch the ducks and the swans with her. I just can't help but feel the innocents and sweetness of her wanting to share the world with her little (best?) friend.
Have you tried photographing while out with a friend? Does that help minimize your anxiety?

Have you tried photographing while out with a friend? Does that help minimize your anxiety?
I did, used to go with it with my girlfriend sometimes, photo walks with the camera club. It didn't help, I accepted it as being part of me. Going out with less anxiety from the start helps and mood has an impact as well.

On Saturday I was out at a local fair for the first time in 2 years, work-related having to take the residence out for a walk, and I did not have high hopes that I could manage anxiety-wise being surrounded by a lot of people and lots of noises. It went better than I expected, I usually last about an hour before my hands start trembling and I can't look at people and my attention is mostly on the ground, and I got a few pictures that I am generally happy with:

View attachment 392364
The stand for "Anyone-join-in-for-singing" stand ... I don't think anyone could stand their singing :p

View attachment 392365
Roasted hog. I wish I had shot this wider so I didn't cut off the clients, something like a 24mm would help because I couldn't back away and drive a wheelchair.

View attachment 392366
Miss Hatter?

View attachment 392367
I was attracted by their cute cow hats but only in post did I realise that her mom was tutoring her on Ice-cream selling (family-owned business) I love this picture like nothing else, it's one of the pictures that I feel really proud of.

View attachment 392368
Someone let the Squirrels loose and gave people random hugs and poses.

View attachment 392369
This lovely gentleman, took him by surprise with my camera, gave us an extra free cotton candy bag.

View attachment 392370
I was not expecting a Bollywood filming.

View attachment 392372
Siblings enjoying a cold Dr. Pepper at the "pit stop".
You need to do this more Ovi, getting out in and amongst people should gradually help with managing crowd anxiety. I appreciate that it's not an easy process, but exposure therapy works... just take it slowly and do it often, and build it up.

Back