Street Street photography (Image thread)

20240302_152155_X10V1931_misc.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Vancouver, Canada.

Shooting at f11 is a move mu43 users don't seem to make often, you've done so with great results.

I recently bought that lens to use with my Panasonic GX9, as an Every Day Carry option, and I don't love it but do appreciate its small size and weight. My biggest whinge is the opposite zoom direction from the Panasonic lenses I'm used to, which definitely slowed me down.

I took it to a street car event this weekend to try out.

Melanie, you are absolutely right.
Besides my Panasonic Leica macro lens, this is probably my only Mu43's lens that I would shoot at F11 on a regular basis, to be honest even at F8 my copy suffers a bit more than I like at certain focal lengths on the corners, that is why I'm willing to go all the way to F11 if the light is there to do it.
The lens has surprise me in a positive way. Is it perfect or close to PRO lens territory? Big no, but it is a very good balance between compromises.

Many times its been discussed how "terrible" the effects of diffraction are at such apertures in Mu43's, and how you should avoid it as the plague, but to my eyes F11 is just fine :).

I like your pictures, did you use L. Monochrome D?

Melanie, you are absolutely right.
Besides my Panasonic Leica macro lens, this is probably my only Mu43's lens that I would shoot at F11 on a regular basis, to be honest even at F8 my copy suffers a bit more than I like at certain focal lengths on the corners, that is why I'm willing to go all the way to F11 if the light is there to do it.
The lens has surprise me in a positive way. Is it perfect or close to PRO lens territory? Big no, but it is a very good balance between compromises.

Many times its been discussed how "terrible" the effects of diffraction are at such apertures in Mu43's, and how you should avoid it as the plague, but to my eyes F11 is just fine :).

I like your pictures, did you use L. Monochrome D?
Only the first of my photos was shot BW, with the dynamic monochrome art filter - the others were converted. As much as I enjoy shooting BW JPEGs - and I only shoot JPEG - I tend to prefer having the option of colour to start out with.

53566686223_ee41c40e90_b.jpg
MAGIC CITY COWBOY -B&W- by Guadalupe Cruz, on Flickr

B&W Version

53566493951_ba5e82bc97_b.jpg
MAGIC CITY COWBOY -Sepia- by Guadalupe Cruz, on Flickr

Sepia Version

Nikon D5
ƒ/2.8
50.0 mm
1/250
1600 iso

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f2.8 M42 mount silver version.

Back