Street Street photography (Image thread)

dscf2285.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

soLA2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like this very much indeed. You can almost feel the sense of ennui, the heat of the sun, the buzz of flies. I recall seeing something from Gary Ayala from his portfolio of 1970's stuff. It was a guy with an insouciant look in his car. Had a similar effect on me when I saw it.

Great stuff as usual Pete and Norman. I spent a loooong day in Philly yesterday - my first real street shooting I think since the middle of December, at least. Varied gear, as usual. Here's a sampling:

6807183671_da4c004c70_b.jpg

One of the occasional mistakes that I like better than if I'd gotten it right:

View attachment 48632

View attachment 48633

View attachment 48634

View attachment 48635

View attachment 48636

View attachment 48637

View attachment 48638

View attachment 48639

And one from my hometown the night before:

View attachment 48640

Ray, you had yourself a really good day/evening in Philly!

Talk about the image quality in your first - wow - and the way you processed it in black and white in such a delicate way serves to accentuate the femininity and allure of that high heeled walker...as she carefully makes her way down those steps. Beautiful shadows and gorgeous light! That's my favorite of them, however I also really like that wild patterned one with the brass or chrome glass doors and...are those two Jehovah's witnesses in color, that's a great one...wonderful colors - and my other favorite is the young mother in blue holding her baby wrapped in a blanket. All are very good, Ray.

Thanks BB and Armando. I don't know that they were JW or not. The thought occurred to me but I didn'hang around to ask. Figuring if they were I'd have gotten the whole rap. But one had a big briefcase on rollers and this was quite near the office district, so they could have just been young business guys. so much for the mystery of the process! :cool:

-Ray

Ray, cracking great mini portfolio from Philly. Very eclectic. Pushed to pick a fave....it would be no.1. The rear view of the guy in dark coat, walking cane and hunched up demeanour is very redolent of a statue of Winston Churchill. I'll post a link if I find it.

Nice to see you back........too long.

Back