Street Street photography (Image thread)

6915517749_a4cfdcf7f4_z.jpg

Ray. Love them all, especially No.1 with the seemingly dissembodied head and hand of the guy. Also, looking from on high down into the abyss of Market Street concrete.

Norman....do I detect a subtle change in processing? Nice little set recording the mundanity of our urban lives.

Yes, well spotted. I'm trying to throttle back on the noise reduction a bit and also sometimes sharpening twice. Sharpening first when image full size and then when resized I sharpen a touch more. I think it's come from me using film recently and scanning negatives for the first time.

Whats up with all that black and white anyway? Modern sensors do capture colors after all :D
What's up with all of these photographs anyway? Modern cameras do capture video after all...

Different art forms for different people. B&W photography is a time honored art form that will die on its own soon enough, but its gonna live at least as long as I do!

-Ray

B&W photography is a time honored art form that will die on its own soon enough, but its gonna live at least as long as I do!

-Ray

Curious that colour emulsions have been available for close to 50 years and yet we still have archaic B+W on the shelves. I actually believe the 35mm film format will die well before B+W does. But either way, Ray you have someone from the next generation (just) to keep the form alive....and I'm sure I'm not alone!

Back