Street Street photography (Image thread)

13337097624_acc178e3ca_b.jpg

Untitled by nzkphotography, on Flickr

Didn't realise there was a street thread here. Posted a couple of these in the GR thread as well.

Absolutely loving the GR !!

Been using it for the last two weeks. It's so stealthy and unassuming but an absolute demon !

ISO in TAV is untameable, but for B&W even ISO 25,600 is OK. Very small price to pay in an otherwise perfect street cam :)

Snap focus is brilliant.

View attachment 88460

13348019295_c7b88d566a_b.jpg

View attachment 88462

View attachment 88463

The moment I first saw this, Rick, I said "Wowee!" out loud while sitting here at my laptop but didn't have time to write. Darn, I wish you were on Flickr so I could click through and see it larger and see more of your work in one place. The light on this man's face, his hair streaming, the fact that he looks as though he should be riding a horse out on the prairie with buffalo...and grasses blowing (in my mind I see him as a Native American Indian, though I could be wrong)...but instead he's in an urban setting riding a bicycle... The complete image is fantastic, as is your black and white processing. Bravo!!!

Attachments

• Rick.jpg
    Rick.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 389
The moment I first saw this, Rick, I said "Wowee!" out loud while sitting here at my laptop but didn't have time to write. Darn, I wish you were on Flickr so I could click through and see it larger and see more of your work in one place. The light on this man's face, his hair streaming, the fact that he looks as though he should be riding a horse out on the prairie with buffalo...and grasses blowing (in my mind I see him as a Native American Indian, though I could be wrong)...but instead he's in an urban setting riding a bicycle... The complete image is fantastic, as is your black and white processing. Bravo!!!

I agree, well done

Didn't realise there was a street thread here. Posted a couple of these in the GR thread as well.

Absolutely loving the GR !!

Been using it for the last two weeks. It's so stealthy and unassuming but an absolute demon !

ISO in TAV is untameable, but for B&W even ISO 25,600 is OK. Very small price to pay in an otherwise perfect street cam :)

Snap focus is brilliant.

nice series of images...about the high iso in Tav mode...try this...I gave it a shot this past weekend and no iso went over 8000, but I'm still experimenting...I think I prefer to just use aperture priority and set my own iso, but the tav mode is nice when in fast changing situations...

Normally, the dynamic range correction functions by altering the curve used in jpg, but at the same time it also limits the useable ISO range. For example, if dynamic range correction is set to strong, the useable ISO will be between ISO 320 and ISO 8000. So, let say you are setting F2.8 and 1/500s, but don’t want the ISO to go above 8000, what you need to do is:
1. Enable dynamic range correction, set it to strong (you will need to turn off continuous mode as it is not compatible with dynamic range correction)
2. In the shooting menu, Shutter/Aperture Auto Shift: set it to Aprtr Priority.
What it does is that it will use F2.8 and 1/500s and the lowest ISO possible (down to ISO 320). When there is not enough light, it will shift ISO upward until it reaches ISO 8000. At that point the dynamic range correction will not allow ISO to go any higher. Since you have Aprtr priority set in auto shift, the shutter speed will start coming down to maintain the same exposure.
The drawback of this is you will be using the very shallow curve of strong dynamic range correction for its out-of-camera jpeg. But as far as I know it has no effect on the RAW.

Back