Street Street photography (Image thread)

Playing The Blues
p1483925711.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M2 and HP5 in Sydney

21860719591_10d40c8f01_b.jpg

21839834992_dc0b77b464_b.jpg

21664867649_de1e46515c_b.jpg

1& 3, atmosphere you can cut with a knife.

I love Sydney and I feel homesick for it despite only ever having been a visitor...........not a resident. It is great for shooting.

I will be back next year (Sept Oct) for my 3rd visit. We save our pennies to stay at the Shangri-La-Di-Dahhhhhhhh on the Rocks for a week. Looking forward to shooting what I have shot before over and over......but better.

Thank you Ray. A real compliment . Although I love street photography I still really struggle with my confidence . Fear of conflict perhaps ? Or camera shy the other side of the camera ? I have no problem with being snapped myself. I don't mind at all. But I'm also aware that others might not be as happy being the subject of my photos.
When I go into town, I go with the intention of doing street. I always fail. I mostly come home with shots of backs like this one. I will keep trying though. I might crack it one day.

Thank you Ray. A real compliment . Although I love street photography I still really struggle with my confidence . Fear of conflict perhaps ? Or camera shy the other side of the camera ? I have no problem with being snapped myself. I don't mind at all. But I'm also aware that others might not be as happy being the subject of my photos.
When I go into town, I go with the intention of doing street. I always fail. I mostly come home with shots of backs like this one. I will keep trying though. I might crack it one day.
Sometime shots of backs look like a lazy cop out. In this case, the image is wonderful from the back and I don't think it would be as good shot from the front... If you do it this well, you could make a specialty of it - work to your strengths!

-Ray

Back