Street Street photography (Image thread)

A75B6B3C-EC27-47F6-ABEF-52617B49F943.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Many thanks @Bart J D. As for the processing/ mood, that's the camera, the Ricoh GR & GRII cameras & their lenses rendered images with so much character. Mine had a 4 year lifespan, but even though I know a replacement of the same model will likely only last that long, I still keep thinking about getting another one.

Living in Australia with covid and the issues were having, seeing people out like that is a welcome sight.
I agree - that's part of why I took the shot. However, they were very cautious ... and I had my mask ready anyway, though I kept my distance. We've had several outbreaks in nursing homes recently ... In reality, the situation is still unsettled and increasingly volatile.

The government calls it "stable, but fragile" officially, and that's pretty much how it feels (though the "fragile" aspect is much more noticeable if, like me, you have to care for others, regardless of their behaviour - self-control is waning ...). People are everything from scared to careless, depending on their perception of the situation; in our region, case numbers are rather low and pretty consistently so; nation-wide, numbers are rising and worrying to say the least. We're not out of it yet - not by a long shot.

M.

I agree - that's part of why I took the shot. However, they were very cautious ... and I had my mask ready anyway, though I kept my distance. We've had several outbreaks in nursing homes recently ... In reality, the situation is still unsettled and increasingly volatile.

The government calls it "stable, but fragile" officially, and that's pretty much how it feels (though the "fragile" aspect is much more noticeable if, like me, you have to care for others, regardless of their behaviour - self-control is waning ...). People are everything from scared to careless, depending on their perception of the situation; in our region, case numbers are rather low and pretty consistently so; nation-wide, numbers are rising and worrying to say the least. We're not out of it yet - not by a long shot.

M.
We are certainly not out of it and it helps if one ignores all this first wave second wave language and comes to terms with the fact that we are probably not over the beginning of it. Horrific for most and I understand that but true nevertheless. Which is why I like to see that image.

Last edited:
Back