Street Street photography (Image thread)

20210103_145326_X10V1136_street-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love the dark asphalt and yellow lettering of this crossing.

46685708751_1f2e9bc3b3_h.jpg

The Great Gate - Hampton Court Palace - UK2016-148
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Hampton Court Palace is a royal palace in the borough of Richmond upon Thames, south-west and upstream of central London on the River Thames. The building of the palace began in 1515 for Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, a favourite of King Henry VIII. In 1529, as Wolsey fell from favour, the cardinal gave the palace to the King to check his disgrace; Henry VIII later enlarged it. Along with St James's Palace, it is one of only two surviving palaces out of the many owned by King Henry VIII.

20210116_160039_X10V2167_street.jpg

I spotted this fellow as we were leaving a restaurant with some take-out food. The similarity between the background and his jacket and toque colour caught my eye and I hastily fired off a few frames.
If you want to believe I timed it so that the white graffiti paint appears to be steam coming off of his head, you go right ahead. I can neither confirm nor deny.
I will say, though, that I had to crop a lot since he was a bit far away and my camera has a 35 equiv lens. I was happy that I had a 26mp file to work with and would appreciate even more mp.

20210116_153918_X10V2102_street.jpg

Found an interesting glass sign that featured some wavy red light tubes inside, so I tried shooting through it. This is one of the benefits of shooting at different times of the day. I've never walked past here at dusk so never noticed this sign's lights before.

I know this may sound dumb, but wanted to share.

So, one of my favorite things is street photography. Capturing the scenes as well as looking at what others have captured.
Early on in my forum viewing days, I used to look at the street images and who took them. I soon realized that I biased toward to the ones I liked because of the people that took them and not purely on the image itself (both emotional response and technical merit).

To keep myself from that "I'm going to like this one because my 'friend' took it" syndrome, I now scroll through an entire page - only looking at the image and responding to it on the merits of the image alone before going back and seeing who took it.

I like how sometimes I can tell who took it by the style in which it was captured and other times I'm shocked or surprised (normally in a good way) at who took some different ones too.

Anyone else go into the view "blind"? And yes, I know I'm weird. :)

Back