Street Street photography (Image thread)

It doesn't ceases to amaze me with what you can get away, even when I never try to conceal that I'm photographing.
I got the tip from a photographer in the UK who uses a 35mm DSLR for street. He said that the human brain is very easy to pick up irregularities even with the periphery, so the black upper garment hides the general movements of the photographer, as well as regular hand speed when putting the OVF/EVF in front of the eye. He added that the human subjects will still be able to see the photographer even when wearing a black/dark-coloured upper garment and the pulling up of the camera is relatively fast. With lighter-coloured upper garments, I can easily be seen. I tried pulling up the camera quickly even with a dark-coloured upper garment and I still got easily seen. With a dark-coloured upper garment and with slow-mo hand movements, I rarely get to be seen and if I am spotted, I do not get to scare them, at all, or change their facial expression. Cheers.

EM530254.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Gotta hurry! Gotta hurry! Gotta hurry!", the guy said to his three girls ... - well, they still marched quite sedately.

M.

I'm always amazed at how lots of people, after having had all this practice, still fail in covering their nose :rolleyes:
That’s actually a fair summary of what it’s like down here in Sydney compared to the rest of the world, people tend to cover their nose on public transport but only once their on the bus/ train. We are *currently* fortunate. What happens if and when a cluster starts and we have little to no supplies to inject people is another matter.....

That’s actually a fair summary of what it’s like down here in Sydney compared to the rest of the world, people tend to cover their nose on public transport but only once their on the bus/ train. We are *currently* fortunate. What happens if and when a cluster starts and we have little to no supplies to inject people is another matter.....
Does that mean that vaccination has not yet started?

I have a strange feeling we've not reached the end of the line of this virus. An elderly person died of the Indian variant while he was fully vaccinated (2 shots).

Relaxing of the rules made a big step this weekend against the advise of the scientists. The relaxed rules were even less followed or imposed than before.

ANZ ATMs here are always placed outside of the buildings.
P1080059.jpg

I have an ANZ account and I increase my sensitivity ten-fold whenever I use their ATMs after hours.

People now are starting to use ATMs in twos. The one on the left is guarding the one one the right's blind spot - good practice.

Everyone was invited to play this "grab the feather" game during the Auckland Maori Festival. The guy in purple was given the challenge.
P1110250.jpg

The guy in purple had relatively quick hands but I assumed that since this challenge was open to the public, they had to be more generous.
P1110251.jpg

Back