Street Street photography (Image thread)

20210703-184355-X10V6050-untitled.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A tense-looking conversation.

View attachment 263435
A surprising number of my favourite photos were made purely by chance. This is one such example. I stopped to snap a photo of the light falling on a colourful mural across the street from me when this young woman in a perfect, billowing, purple dress did me the great favour of walking into the frame. And because I often frame using my rear screen AND I need reading glasses (but generally don't wear them when shooting), I often miss out on details at the time of exposure which surprise me, hours later, when I'm reviewing my images on my PC.
Varifocal glasses with as good a zero correction in the top part would be a solution.
I use these and for driving as well. Nowadays, you have to be able to read the "dashboard".
And they double up as variable sunglasses as well in my case, clear under normal light and darker under brighter light.

The coffee shop today, an extremely popular place in times of lockdown. Taken applying the pre focusing technique on the rangefinder. Some you get, some you don't and perfect a minority of the time, but I can see how this method would have been popular before those little 28mm compact cameras (which do the snap focusing better too).

L1012907 copy.jpg

Z70_0084.jpg

She was kind of cool - she just pulled off her shoes and socks and went right through the water covering the footpath and the land beyond as well. I was less inclined to do the same thing this time - I had to a couple of days ago, it was that or double back - and the water turned out to be too deep even for my sturdy boots ... This time, I chose to turn around and not brave the elements any more than necessary (it had just started to rain again).

M.

Back