Street Street photography (Image thread)

Hopping on:
P1180175.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

People by the UK seaside. All shots pre-focused/ snap focused. Regardless of the absolute accuracy and quality of focusing and composition, images shot using that technique with a wide enough lens do tend to exactly capture what is happening before you that very second regardless of whether you happen to be close up or further away from the subject(s). I was helped along by the weather of course which I must say, at this time of year, has been astonishingly good. It's hard to believe we're 3.5 months away from snow(?).

L1013322.jpg

R0001635 copy.jpg

R0001630 copy.jpg

R0001690.jpg

People by the UK seaside. All shots pre-focused/ snap focused. Regardless of the absolute accuracy and quality of focusing and composition, images shot using that technique with a wide enough lens do tend to exactly capture what is happening before you that very second regardless of whether you happen to be close up or further away from the subject(s).
That's how I've been shooting 95% of my street photos. f/8 with the focus set to 3m. That should give me an acceptable focus for anything from 1.6 - 30 meters (using a Fuji X100V ie: APS sensor). As long as you don't view the photos at 100%, they look sharp enough but if you pixel peep, then you'll soon notice that DOF calculations are based on "sharp enough" rather than "absolutely sharp." I'm fine with that.

Last edited:
PICT1259.jpg

I came across this old, 2004 photo while backing up some local photos to my Smugmug account. Back then I would only occasionally dabble in street photography when I had to drive my Mom into Chinatown to do some shopping. This was shot with a Minolta Dimage A1, my first "serious" digital camera. 5mp and a very shallow dynamic range.

View attachment 269994
I came across this old, 2004 photo while backing up some local photos to my Smugmug account. Back then I would only occasionally dabble in street photography when I had to drive my Mom into Chinatown to do some shopping. This was shot with a Minolta Dimage A1, my first "serious" digital camera. 5mp and a very shallow dynamic range.
Won't hurt the soup or broth.

Back