Street Street photography (Image thread)

2021-09-20 (Mon) 15-43-33.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 271650
Is it apparent that I'm trying to emphasize the triangle made by the 3 people of descending perspective size or do you just not notice the 3rd person in the background?
I think the image shows the furthest away person being just a little bit too far away for it to be a triangle. This could have been achieved with a longer/ telephoto focal length/ if you were closer/ if focus was on the furthest away person, which is all of course easier said than done when you have one focal length and have to execute a shot in split second. Alternatively, a crop can sometimes go some way to achieving the desired triangle (see below). The person nearest doesn't have to completely be in the image, his presence can be implied.
cameraderie street.jpg

But who cares what I or any one else thinks, what do you think? Are you happy with your image? That's what matters. Please yourself!

I think the image shows the furthest away person being just a little bit too far away for it to be a triangle. This could have been achieved with a longer/ telephoto focal length/ if you were closer/ if focus was on the furthest away person, which is all of course easier said than done when you have one focal length and have to execute a shot in split second. Alternatively, a crop can sometimes go some way to achieving the desired triangle (see below). The person nearest doesn't have to completely be in the image, his presence can be implied.
View attachment 271654
But who cares what I or any one else thinks, what do you think? Are you happy with your image? That's what matters. Please yourself!
Thx for the suggestion re the crop. What do I think of it? I see the third person so for me, the "triangle" is there and that's what makes the photo enjoyable to me.

View attachment 271650
Is it apparent that I'm trying to emphasize the triangle made by the 3 people of descending perspective size or do you just not notice the 3rd person in the background?
I like the picture, but I didn't recognize the triangle you mentioned. To me the far-away woman seems to observe the two people in the foreground, which makes for a nice juxtaposition in my eyes.

20210925_135619_X10V9062_street.jpg

This one required some work. I spotted this lovely light on this strong orange background from across the street but then had to wait for a suitable subject to walk through without a non-suitable subject also walking through, and that had to coincide with a break in the traffic since I had to stand partly in the street to frame the shot.

Back